Cameras at shows.

Well, I've asked this question before, but according to the photos of the Milwaukee show on Rush.com, cameras are allowed at the show since they posted pics of front row folks using them blatantly.

I will be taking my camera to both my shows.

At your own risk on differing venues. I was actually surprised on the various cameras I saw last night, I even spotted a Canon 40D with a 105mm there. Like wow.. the risk is huge with a prosumer. most of the cameras I seen were in the 300-350 price range. A camera wasnt my poison last night though

tkr

QUOTE (The Killer Rabbit @ Jul 4 2010, 10:17 PM)
At your own risk on differing venues. I was actually surprised on the various cameras I saw last night, I even spotted a Canon 40D with a 105mm there. Like wow.. the risk is huge with a prosumer. most of the cameras I seen were in the 300-350 price range. A camera wasnt my poison last night though

tkr

Ok, a Nikon D40 is a bit extreme. I have one myself. However, I was referring to taking a SMALL camera. And the point I was making is that the band doesn't seem to care about cameras like that....

I'm with Steven Wilson on this one. It's rude and distracting to the others in the audience. When I'm watching a band, I don't want a bright LCD light shining in my face. If folks would kindly turn their brightness setting way down before the show, it might help.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jul 5 2010, 08:08 AM)
I'm with Steven Wilson on this one. It's rude and distracting to the others in the audience. When I'm watching a band, I don't want a bright LCD light shining in my face. If folks would kindly turn their brightness setting way down before the show, it might help.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing! My camera (I can't speak for anyone else's) has a viewfinder, so I would just turn off the LCD and flash (since it doesn't help anyway) altogether.

I certainly don't want to ruin anyone else's concert experience, but like I've said before, what's wrong with a couple of personal snapshots, especially in the before/intermission/after time? A couple of show shots are always nice, as well. If nothing else, my cellphone has a decent camera, but I can't turn the LCD off on that one...

Edited by woodring2112

The Canon 40D is a tad more high end than the Nikon D40, but I got where you were going with that wink.gif

I sold my D90 and picked up a Olympus Pen (yeah, I know how far apart they are) but am enjoying the Pen great deal for the moment. I might even take it to the MGM in August cool.gif

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Jul 4 2010, 09:44 PM)
Well, I've asked this question before, but according to the photos of the Milwaukee show on Rush.com, cameras are allowed at the show since they posted pics of front row folks using them blatantly.

I will be taking my camera to both my shows.

Different venues have different rules about cameras. You should make sure that yours allows them. It'll say on your ticket if they're not allowed.

BTW, MGM is one of the venues that does NOT allow cameras.

Edited by FOH Lights

As far as I'm concerned, if it says "No Cameras" then you shouldn't bring one. I've taken a camera to a few shows and as cool as it is to have pictures/video from the concert, I've almost found it to be more of a nuisance than anything. My one friend usually brings a camera and then proceeds to spend most of his time worrying out getting pictures and video rather than actually watching the show. For example, we went to see Dream Theater and Iron Maiden on the weekend and for pretty much the entire night he was watching the camera screen or trying to change batteries or looking for the batteries he dropped or leaving his seat to get a better shot etc. I guess that's fine if you like that kinda thing, but it's not for me no.gif I go to a concert to watch a concert, not a camera screen.