Who's waiting for Half Life 2: Episode 3?

Astromancer

I recently finished Half Life 2 and both of it's following episodes, and must say that they are one of the best examples of videogames as the next greatest art form. Looks and plays like nothing else I've ever seen, with completely readable character facial expressions, and a lack of cinematic sequences in favor of telling the entire story through the eyes of Dr. Gordon Freeman. It was hard ro believe that HL 2 was an original Xbox game because it looked so vibrant.

I won't spoil the end of Ep2 for those who have never played it, but it really left me wanting to keep playing. Who else is ready to kick some Advisor ass in the third installment?

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jul 3 2010, 01:22 PM)
I recently finished Half Life 2 and both of it's following episodes, and must say that they are one of the best examples of videogames as the next greatest art form. Looks and plays like nothing else I've ever seen, with completely readable character facial expressions, and a lack of cinematic sequences in favor of telling the entire story through the eyes of Dr. Gordon Freeman. It was hard ro believe that HL 2 was an original Xbox game because it looked so vibrant.

I won't spoil the end of Ep2 for those who have never played it, but it really left me wanting to keep playing. Who else is ready to kick some Advisor ass in the third installment?

I've been waiting for it for two years now! I'm also impatient for Thief 4!

Oh yeah, those Advisors had better make out their friggin' wills because there's gonna be a reckoning! Now where'd I leave my crowbar? 1287.gif

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jul 6 2010, 01:43 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 5 2010, 05:07 AM)
*Has Antlion Guardian nightmares*

Don't we all?

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Sussossus @ Jul 3 2010, 07:25 PM)
I hate Valve.

They release L4D2 a year after L4D. They show off Portal 2 at E3 2010. Still nothing about Episode 3.

Their games are incredible, but Goddamn I hate Valve.

The waiting is certainly worth it because we get quality games! 1022.gif

Honestly, at this point, the wait has been so long since the last one that it's not even a joke to consider that we might never get Episode 3. That's a serious possibility. They might just turn the next game into a full blown Half-Life 3, or something else, who knows. I know Valve is known for its long development times, but episodic content like this is a different story. The whole point is that it's smaller, shorter, and takes less time to make than a full game. Since it hasn't come by now it may never come.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jul 8 2010, 07:15 PM)
Honestly, at this point, the wait has been so long since the last one that it's not even a joke to consider that we might never get Episode 3. That's a serious possibility. They might just turn the next game into a full blown Half-Life 3, or something else, who knows. I know Valve is known for its long development times, but episodic content like this is a different story. The whole point is that it's smaller, shorter, and takes less time to make than a full game. Since it hasn't come by now it may never come.

It's in development (thank God), but they're taking their sweet ass time. Hopefully, because VALVe has said that there will be no Half Life 3, Ep3 will be full game sized.

Best case scenario is that they plan to send the franchise out with a bang; shutting the Combine down, using or destroying the Borealis, and spilling the slug innards of many Advisors onto the snow.

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jul 10 2010, 03:14 PM)

It's in development (thank God), but they're taking their sweet ass time. Hopefully, because VALVe has said that there will be no Half Life 3, Ep3 will be full game sized.

Best case scenario is that they plan to send the franchise out with a bang; shutting the Combine down, using or destroying the Borealis, and spilling the slug innards of many Advisors onto the snow.

They never said there would be no HL3, unless it was very, very recent that they said it.

QUOTE (Sussossus @ Jul 11 2010, 01:01 AM)
QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jul 10 2010, 03:14 PM)

They never said there would be no HL3, unless it was very, very recent that they said it.

I learned it from a moderator on the Half Life 2 forums' reply to someone else's post, so I can't be sure, they might get info updates. Hopefully they were wrong, but I won't get my hopes up for a 3, however much it seems that they should make one.

Left 4 Dead, Team fortress and Portal are cool and all, but IMO Half Life is one of the greatest things ever produced by any game studio, and it being left behined it is a very sad thing. Unless Ep3 completely and perfectly brings the story to a close, it will only leave every fan wanting more.

I just hope we don't have the Portal gun introduced into the H/L universe. I love Portal and have played it several times, but in an H/L game you've enough to worry about so there's no need to introduce Portal-esque puzzles. Please, let's just stick with the gravity gun...err, I mean "Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator". Sorry, Doctor Mossman! laugh.gif

Man, I remember when the first Half-Life came out! That game really raised the bar for FPS'. I even went out and bought a crowbar after playing the game as I was impressed by how handy a weapon it was. I still have it and it's hanging in my garage. Unfortunately the venerable crowbar has been rendered obselete by this baby: Stanley FatMax. And yes, I intend to get one of those one day.