When life becomes so barren

And as cold as winter skies

There's a beacon in the darkness

In a distant pair of eyes

In vain to search for order

In vain to search for truth

But these things can still be given

Your love has shown me proof

Why don't you commission someone to re-write Time Stand Still and make it a slower version? Such as an acoustic version that you can dance to. That could be really cool if it is done right.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Aug 4 2010, 04:09 PM)
Why don't you commission someone to re-write Time Stand Still and make it a slower version? Such as an acoustic version that you can dance to. That could be really cool if it is done right.

That's a great idea!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (JaymeZC @ Aug 4 2010, 03:26 PM)
I thought of that too! I am just so nervous that it wouldn't be able to live up to the Rush we all know and love. :-)

The way I hear it in my head is an acoustic guitar version with a folky female singer. Possibly some piano/strings added for some of the articulations. It would be amazing if done right. I could do the music, but I am not a folky female singer.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Aug 5 2010, 12:30 AM)
I thought of that too! I am just so nervous that it wouldn't be able to live up to the Rush we all know and love. :-)

The way I hear it in my head is an acoustic guitar version with a folky female singer. Possibly some piano/strings added for some of the articulations. It would be amazing if done right. I could do the music, but I am not a folky female singer.

I know someone who is...

Oh SISTER~Mine.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Aug 5 2010, 08:32 AM)

I know someone who is...

LOL someone would have to come up with the arrangement for it...I'm not very original - I can sing it if someone gives me the right direction, and my brother can record it...all of it...for some reason all I'm getting right now is Bob Dylan and the

*SPOILER*

sound of Spirit done Country style at the concert though laugh.gif

JaymeZC,

I slowed the tempo down in Time Stand Still to 75% of the original and i seems quite slow dance-able.

perhaps you will like this:

Apologize for the testosterone appearance in this forum, but I was just at 2 weddings with my wife in the past 2 weeks and would have LOVED for it to be a Rush theme. Let me know if we can crash it, and it's in the Milwaukee/Chicago area smile.gif

One of the weddings we attended, I thought I was at a mohawk convention. At least a dozen kids (3 being from the Bride and Groom) were sporting mohawks.....

For our wedding in two weeks, my groomsmen (my two sons, ages 7 and 10) and I are making our entrance to "Limelight". I wanted to work Rush in there somehow, convinced my wife to be, and she picked that song so I went with it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 5 2010, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Aug 5 2010, 08:32 AM)

I know someone who is...

LOL someone would have to come up with the arrangement for it...I'm not very original - I can sing it if someone gives me the right direction, and my brother can record it...all of it...for some reason all I'm getting right now is Bob Dylan and the

*SPOILER*

sound of Spirit done Country style at the concert though laugh.gif

Imagine a Dave Matthews type acoustic guitar riff - based on chord progressions, instead of individual notes. On top of that, a very folkish female vocal. You would have to drastically change up the song, maybe even omitting large portions of it and repeating the parts that work. It could be cool. I was picking around last night on the guitar and came up with a pretty cool riff for the intro that reminded me of Dave Matthews, which is why I mentioned that.

btw, I'm not a big fan of Dave Matthews, but I do like the way he plays guitar. Can't stand his vocals though. wink.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 5 2010, 07:38 PM)
Don't forget the cake!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/corvettenut/Rush-B-Cake.jpg

bekloppt.gif NUT!!!!

How've you been???