So how did Camera Eye sound??

shaun3701

It was rearranged, but not drastically. I think it was mostly in the intro. No lyrics were cut that I noticed. The synths sounded really powerful. Overall, I was impressed. It's not my favorite song of theirs, but it kicked ass.

It was the same as the album except for new sound effects at the beginning, which all of the MP material sort of shared as a central theme (different accents depending upon the song but the central theme had magical overtone: tinkley chimes and such). Full arrangement, no parts were altered. Beautiful!

The Camera Eye 2010 > TCE '81-'83. I never saw them perform this song in person before, only hearing it on various boots from the MP and Signals tours. It's hard to make a good comparison accordingly. However, what I heard last night was so much better than the recordings I've heard. This song kicked ass. I was blown away, as was everyone else here in New Mexico. Hearing Moving Pictures played from start to finish was almost a religious experience. Those who haven't seen it yet are in for a real treat!!

QUOTE (Drewsifer @ Jun 30 2010, 08:50 AM)
The Camera Eye 2010 > TCE '81-'83. I never saw them perform this song in person before, only hearing it on various boots from the MP and Signals tours. It's hard to make a good comparison accordingly. However, what I heard last night was so much better than the recordings I've heard. This song kicked ass. I was blown away, as was everyone else here in New Mexico. Hearing Moving Pictures played from start to finish was almost a religious experience. Those who haven't seen it yet are in for a real treat!!

Yeah, there was something magical about hearing all of MP. It looked to me like no one sat down during the entire album.

QUOTE (cdollaz @ Jun 30 2010, 04:24 PM)
Shortened version = fail.

have you even heard it?

shortened isn't even the right word. they cut about 15 seconds tops...sheesh

I'm listening to it right now.....and I CAN'T WAIT to hear this live tomorrow night....YEAH!!!!!!!!

"....they seem o-bliv-ious to a soft spring rain....like an English rain...."

Superb!

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 06:56 AM)

Yeah, there was something magical about hearing all of MP. It looked to me like no one sat down during the entire album.

goodpost.gif It was freaking insane!! Loved every second of it.

Ged: "That would be a whole album! Hope you enjoyed it, we sure did!"

laugh.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Jun 30 2010, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 06:56 AM)

goodpost.gif It was freaking insane!! Loved every second of it.

Ged: "That would be a whole album! Hope you enjoyed it, we sure did!"

laugh.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif Ditto all that!!! 2.gif RIPPED!! Period!!!

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 30 2010, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (cdollaz @ Jun 30 2010, 04:24 PM)
Shortened version = fail.

have you even heard it?

shortened isn't even the right word. they cut about 15 seconds tops...sheesh

I find it weird they even cut it at all if they only cut that much.