Kid gloves?

Phall2112

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 24 2010, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 24 2010, 05:25 PM)
Probably the only song I truly enjoy off of GUP. It would surely be a gem, but I doubt it  sad.gif

wow you need to listen to p/g again.

No shit.

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 25 2010, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Dax @ Jun 24 2010, 06:01 PM)
I'll take Kid Gloves, Afterimage, or The Enemy Within.

Me too...but for me I would add The Body Electric to the list (call me crazy, but I like that song ever since I heard it prior to release on the p/g warm up tour at Radio City)!!!

I agree. I love P/G, but Kid Gloves is one of the songs I most likely would pick to NOT be played live. Not because I dislike the song, I like it a great deal actually. The other songs on that album, (which is probably my favorite) are just so much better in my opinion. That's what I think of P/G as a whole. I would rather hear them play Kid Gloves over so many others though. I'm sure you know what I mean. There are always going to be those shows where you're saying to yourself, "Why did they play this when they could've played that?" They just have too many songs over so many years. I would hate to have to come up with a setlist if I was a member of that band. I think the best setlist they ever came up with was the VT tour. Very balanced and kick-ass from start to finish. Two albums later (or 3 if you want to include Feedback) how do you decide what to drop so you can play new stuff and keep all of the fans fairly satisfied? It's impossible. We just have to go with it and hope for whatever we think is the best. Fu#K it! I say open the Time Machine with Kid Gloves! It could be a lot worse right?

QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jun 25 2010, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Dax @ Jun 24 2010, 06:01 PM)
I'll take Kid Gloves, Afterimage, or The Enemy Within.

Me too...but for me I would add The Body Electric to the list (call me crazy, but I like that song ever since I heard it prior to release on the p/g warm up tour at Radio City)!!!

Me too! trink39.gif

The last great top to bottom Rush album (so far).

They should play the entire album. I hated this when it came out but I spent a summer in Ocean City with family and friends and it was one of the only cds we had for the player. By the end of that summer it was one of my favorites. I still listen to it quite often.