Sitting vs. Standing

Cyclops

You know for any other group at my age I would prefer to sit down! Somehow I can't seem to plant my keester for RUSH! It has never happened! I think the only time I sat down at a Rush concert was on R30 during Mystic Rhythms!

confused13.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Jun 24 2010, 08:21 AM)
Is it wrong that I like to stand for the whole show? I know that we're all fans, so maybe you'll understand that when I'm psyched for a Rush show, I mean I am PSYCHED for the show. After months of anticipation, I have so much energy on show day, I can barely contain it, and there is no way I can plant my ass in a chair for 3 hours while my favorite band is playing live.

Glad this was brought up. My wife was concerned that our tickets to the San Antonio show were not seats 1 and 2 in our row as she likes to dance/rock to her favorite Rush tunes. I too love to stand during certain tunes but there are times I like to sit back in my seat, close my eyes and just let the music take me to another universe. Bottom line, we should be able to sit or stand as we like. Its Rush for Gods sake!!

I'm glad this was brought up because the general consensus seems to be that it's quite fitting to stand at a Rush show. When I saw them for the second time at the Molson Amp in 2008 I was in amazing, perfect seats (for me). When Rush came out, I was about to die of happiness and anticipation. Everyone went NUTS when they walked out - only to be seated after they got half way into the second or third song. WTF?

Let's just say I refused to sit, although EVERYONE in front of me in my section sat. And I was in section 202, right in the center stage! The guy next to me refused to sit too, but he was pretty die-hard and had seen them many times over the years. Only seconds after everyone decided to sit I started getting yelled at by the people behind me.

We both agreed that I didn't pay for my tickets to actually SIT for a Rush show. Finally, they shut up, and decided to stand I suppose. Not long after that everyone got back up (thank god). It was honestly one of the weirdest things I have ever been apart of. I couldn't believe the lack of enthusiasm.

Edited by Padfoot

I'm defiantly standing. I stood for My Chemical Romance, I stood for Metallica, and I'm sure as hell standing for 2.gif. By the way I feel for all you shorter people. I'm not that short (5' 9") but some how I always get stuck behind the tallest or drunkest guy in the place. But for those other two concerts I was shorter so hopefully it won't be as much as a problem

QUOTE (Padfoot @ Jun 26 2010, 09:57 AM)
I'm glad this was brought up because the general consensus seems to be that it's quite fitting to stand at a Rush show. When I saw them for the second time at the Molson Amp in 2008 I was in amazing, perfect seats (for me). When Rush came out, I was about to die of happiness and anticipation. Everyone went NUTS when they walked out - only to be seated after they got half way into the second or third song. WTF?

Let's just say I refused to sit, although EVERYONE in front of me in my section sat. And I was in section 202, right in the center stage! The guy next to me refused to sit too, but he was pretty die-hard and had seen them many times over the years. Only seconds after everyone decided to sit I started getting yelled at by the people behind me.

We both agreed that I didn't pay for my tickets to actually SIT for a Rush show. Finally, they shut up, and decided to stand I suppose. Not long after that everyone got back up (thank god). It was honestly one of the weirdest things I have ever been apart of. I couldn't believe the lack of enthusiasm.

Really? I went to that same show, and sat in the 300s. Everyone stood the whole show! It was great! That's what a Rush concert should be like! 1022.gif Some cool die-hard fans surrounded me also, which was very cool! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

On the other hand, when I saw them on the first leg, I pretty much had the same experience you did, except I gave in and sat down. Ruined the show for me. sad.gif

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Jun 24 2010, 09:21 AM)
Is it wrong that I like to stand for the whole show? I know that we're all fans, so maybe you'll understand that when I'm psyched for a Rush show, I mean I am PSYCHED for the show. After months of anticipation, I have so much energy on show day, I can barely contain it, and there is no way I can plant my ass in a chair for 3 hours while my favorite band is playing live.

No dude. It's not wrong at all. There is no way in hell I could sit through a Rush show. Not even after shooting up 50 cc of horse tranquilizer. (Which I highly recommend by the way)

I plan on standing the whole show. I have limited financial resources and shelled out $110 for this. I've also waited three months for the show. I don't see any reason why I would sit, no way in hell.

That being said, I always get concerned. I always feel like me and my three buddies will have the desire to stand and people will sit down behind us. I always get the idea that those people would give us a hard time for it and force us to sit.

But you know, I really won't give into that. I just wouldn't know what to say. When I saw Chickenfoot last year, everyone sat, and the guys in front of me who were big Sammy Hagar fans decided to stand. So my buddy and I stood too. The woman behind me pokes me in the back and says, "You need to take your seat!" I didn't. Then she starts tugging my shirt and said, "Tell those two to sit down."

All I said to her was, "Look, if you want them to sit, YOU tell them. Because I won't if they don't." She actually went up to them and asked them to sit. I couldn't believe it. I was forced to sit down and really didn't think of anything else to do.

The problem is, I don't ever want to experience that again. Especially at a Rush show, which to me is so much more epic than Chickenfoot. We have seats pretty far back and hope that we aren't given any problems. NOBODY in the party wants to sit.

Any advice if that happens? What do I say and what do I do? This is only my third Rush show and I'm 18, naturally we all know they won't be around much longer. I wanna experience every show like it's their last.