Clint Eastwood

Tom Sawyer

The name says so much.

I won't go into the great detail of this film legend, living legend, 'cause if you don't know already, it don't matter now then.

My favorite film of his is The Outlaw Josie Wales, a fantastic western, in my opinion the best there ever was. One he should have won the oscar for, but I digress...

The reason I opened this thread, is to pose this difficult question, what do you think is Clint's best performance. I know, due to his nature and immense catalog of films that this is a highly subjective question, but I'd really like to know what you think.

My pick ~ Thunderbolt in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Gunny Highway in 'Heartbreak Ridge'.

"Just because we're holdin' hands doesn't mean we'll be swappin' spit in the shower 'til the wee hours of the morning."

http://www.mymtw.de/files/userimages/73622.jpg

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 5 2005, 10:35 PM)
Gunny Highway in 'Heartbreak Ridge'.

"Just because we're holdin' hands doesn't mean we'll be swappin' spit in the shower 'til the wee hours of the morning."
http://www.mymtw.de/files/userimages/73622.jpg

"I'm just gonna let you sit there and bleed for awhile."

I'm a big Eastwood fan and I'd have to say his role in "Unforgiven". I think this performance was enhanced by playing off the great Morgan Freeman. These two actors play to each other perhaps better than anyone sice Redford/Newman. The Outlaw Josey Wales was a great one, as well as the original Dirty Harry.

As an actor He was great when He was young,in Leone's movies in particular.

But as a director He achieved the best results in the last years. Mystic River,A Perfect World,Milion Dollar Baby are very deep and intense.