Official WWE Thread

Ha...so I mentioned the idea in another thread about starting a WWE thread.

Don't know how well this will turn out as I don't think there are many wrestling fans on TRF. Anyways...why the hell not try right!?

--------------------------------------

I guess we'll start with RAW last night. For a 3-hour show, it was fairly lackluster overall. However, the show certainly ended with arguably one of their biggest endings in quite some time, and potentially the start of a huge storyline.

All 8 NXT Rookies take over the show, destroy and dismantle everything and everyone at ringside, and then proceed to take out the 'face of the company' in John Cena.

Pretty awesome overall...and hopefully the start of a huge storyline.

Any thoughts?

I saw the ending of Raw which was (to quote the late great Gorilla Monsoon) a big happening, also impressive. The NXT guys just went nuts on everything and everyone. I as well hope this is the start of a big storyline....

Another thought, I'm quite happy to see Bret Hart back on WWE TV full time. He was missed throughout the years he was in WCW. smile.gif

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Jun 12 2010, 12:42 AM)
I saw the ending of Raw which was (to quote the late great Gorilla Monsoon) a big happening, also impressive. The NXT guys just went nuts on everything and everyone. I as well hope this is the start of a big storyline....

Another thought, I'm quite happy to see Bret Hart back on WWE TV full time. He was missed throughout the years he was in WCW. smile.gif

Yes, for sure...'The Hitman' was always my favourite wrestler growing up, so it is definitely nice to see him out there again. I am very happy for him. The only thing with Bret is that he has been put in a role that depends on a lot of mic skills, which were always his weak point. If he can improve on those, then he should be fine as the GM.

But yeah, the NXT storyline can be big if the WWE doesn't drop the ball on it. Something tells me that Michael Cole is the man behind it...so we'll have to see if this is still the case.

I think they dropped the ball a bit by not having them invade Smackdown as well. I guess they may just be going for a RAW invasion angle instead, rather than against the entire WWE.

Back in the day (grade school) I was a fan but I haven't watched in years & years.

I do have an interesting wrasslin' story though. A few years ago a buddy & myself shot down to Pigeon Forge to play some golf and we were paired up with...

Ravishing Rick Rude. 1022.gif

He was pretty cool to hang out with for a round. He died a few years back I think.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2010, 12:01 PM)
Back in the day (grade school) I was a fan but I haven't watched in years & years.

I do have an interesting wrasslin' story though. A few years ago a buddy & myself shot down to Pigeon Forge to play some golf and we were paired up with...

He was pretty cool to hang out with for a round. He died a few years back I think.

Wow...cool story! That's awesome to be paired with someone like that! trink39.gif

You are correct though...he unfortunately passed away awhile back, sadly. rose.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 12 2010, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2010, 12:01 PM)

Wow...cool story! That's awesome to be paired with someone like that! trink39.gif

You are correct though...he unfortunately passed away awhile back, sadly. rose.gif

http://fantasy.golf.com/my/photos/102510/2008922195858.jpg

This is the par 3 14th or 15th (can't remember exactly) at Eagles Landing that my buddy forced (yes, forced...he would not leave him alone ) Ravishing Rick to use his 6 iron and he actually line up Ravishing Rick...and Rick hit the green! It was awesome!

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Jun 12 2010, 04:37 PM)
WTF Brian Danielson realeased?

hopefully its just a work

Apparently his firing is legitimate which is very unfortunate. Bryan Danielson is an AMAZING wrestler who knows the ring inside and out. His work in Ring Of Honor is unbelievable!!

He made quite a splash with that worked shoot with Michael Cole on NXT a few weeks back.....

I was probably one of the biggest WWF/E fans ever, but their current gang of posers and models leaves me disgusted. I hate what Vince is currently doing to wrestling. He's reverted to creating characters again, instead of playing to the fans' intelligence, he now acts like we're the marks he played to in the seventies and early eighties.

TNA is so much better. I don't mind new blood and younger wrestlers, but they have to have some ring talent, and the batch of punks that WWE is showcasing are nothing but posers. Their ring work leaves so much to criticize that I just can't be bothered to watch.

Vince is in need of great competition, which TNA is finally bringing to the table. Maybe we'll see a resurgance of great wrestlers, like during the Monday Night Wars, because of the competition factor. Without it, the wrestlers got lazy and it's just painful to watch. The new blood on the TNA show are laying it on the line each night. High risk moves and plenty of great spots that LOOK real, and not missed by a mile. Also, they are putting tons of time into their mike skills, which is almost completely forgotten about in the current WWE. The guys over there are pathetic on the mike.

Hopefully, this will change. sad.gif

I became a huge fan of WWE during what, I view as, the beginning of the end. It went from caring about the ability of the wrestlers to trying to put on a flashy show with lights and fireworks. In my opinion, wrestling completely died when Chris Benoit died. He was the last amazing technical wrestler, IMO.

QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 13 2010, 02:37 PM)
I became a huge fan of WWE during what, I view as, the beginning of the end. It went from caring about the ability of the wrestlers to trying to put on a flashy show with lights and fireworks. In my opinion, wrestling completely died when Chris Benoit died. He was the last amazing technical wrestler, IMO.

Yeah, i kinda agree with you there. There are still a few good wrestlers like Jericho or Hunter. and alot of the guys have really stepped up and showed alot of improvement. But no one is like Chris, or Eddie. When they were in WCW, they were my favorites along with DDP.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 13 2010, 02:08 PM)
I was probably one of the biggest WWF/E fans ever, but their current gang of posers and models leaves me disgusted. I hate what Vince is currently doing to wrestling. He's reverted to creating characters again, instead of playing to the fans' intelligence, he now acts like we're the marks he played to in the seventies and early eighties.

TNA is so much better. I don't mind new blood and younger wrestlers, but they have to have some ring talent, and the batch of punks that WWE is showcasing are nothing but posers. Their ring work leaves so much to criticize that I just can't be bothered to watch.

Vince is in need of great competition, which TNA is finally bringing to the table. Maybe we'll see a resurgance of great wrestlers, like during the Monday Night Wars, because of the competition factor. Without it, the wrestlers got lazy and it's just painful to watch. The new blood on the TNA show are laying it on the line each night. High risk moves and plenty of great spots that LOOK real, and not missed by a mile. Also, they are putting tons of time into their mike skills, which is almost completely forgotten about in the current WWE. The guys over there are pathetic on the mike.

the only thing about TNA is that they are relying on the same guys that were around when WCW went under, and most of them were older guys then. It is entertaining to watch, they just need to bring a few more newer guys out.

But i agree with the WWE thing. I still watch it, but most of the new guys probably dont care about the buisness. nothing will ever compare to the "Attitude" era. It is good to see Bret out there though.

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Jun 12 2010, 04:37 PM)
WTF Brian Danielson realeased?

hopefully its just a work

Part of me thinks this is a 'work', even though it seems to be called legit in many other reports.

I guess we will see tonight...if Cole or someone else mentions Bryan, then there is a good chance that it was all just a work.

This guy had me real interested...and they obviously had big plans for him, having him repeatedly yell at Cena, and ultimately spit in his face.

Only time will tell...

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 13 2010, 03:08 PM)

Necro...I hear what you're saying man. Certainly, I am definitely NOT a fan of TNA...in fact, to be honest, I think it's terrible IMO.

With that said, you are 100% right. Competition is exactly what WWE needs, but unfortunately, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Let's face it...TNA was trying it a few weeks back, and pulled the plug on it because their ratings were failing miserably. So, I don't see TNA being the competition that helps ignite the wrestling wars again.

I am with you...I'd like to see it. I just think we are far from that happening anytime soon. I hear lots of great things about ROH (Ring of Honor), but I have yet to watch much of their stuff.

I disagree that all WWE talents are "posers", as there are still many awesome talents in the business. But, I see where you're coming from with some guys.

I will tell you right now...the biggest thing killing the WWE product for me right now is...

PG RATING

Yup...the WWE catering to the little kids just doesn't make sense to me. They continue to run the "viewer discretion is advised" crap before every segment, and yet there is NOTHING to have discretion over.

Hell...if the Daniel Bryan "firing" was indeed legit, it was apparently because of him choking out Justin Roberts with his own tie, and how it was "too violent for TV". Seriously, that is a load of bull...choke holds happen all the time!

Bottom line...if they want the product to succeed, and gain back the audience from the past, they need to forget about the kids, and cater it to the guys like me who have been watching it since I was a little kid.

Unfortunately, this will continue mainly because of Linda McMahon running for office, which I think is an incredibly lame excuse to ruin a perfectly good product. Again, all this is just my opinion.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 14 2010, 04:08 PM)
Unfortunately, this will continue mainly because of Linda McMahon running for office, which I think is an incredibly lame excuse to ruin a perfectly good product. Again, all this is just my opinion.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Jun 22 2010, 02:08 AM)
missed about the first half of raw tonight but from what i saw, it was pretty good

It was a decent RAW, though I thought they could've did more with the Nexus angle. Not sure whether it is good or not.

I am happy that Sheamus is champ though...and having an 'anonymous' GM is a great idea. It leaves this wide open for speculation, and I hope they don't pull the trigger on who it is just yet.

Keep things interesting...

im glad the belt isnt on Cena anymore for now. but its only a matter of time before he gets it back...

when i first heard of the "anonymous" gm, the first thing i thought about was the whole "higher power" thing from 99. what started the whole corporate ministry. man those were the days....

bumper.gif

DANIEL BRYAN = WIN

His return at Summerslam last night was awesome...Vinnie Mac pulls through with a nice swerve!

Pretty cool show overall...not too sure how much I care for Cena and his "superman" abilities, but the Nexus still looked strong last night, so it should work out.

Looking forward to RAW tonight! 653.gif

You know it Bro...my favourite time of the year, and certainly the best for any fan of WWE.

This year's card looks pretty decent...though it looks like there won't be a Money In The Bank match this year.

Hopefully they find a way to get the young guys exposure on the card with some sort of spot fest...like a ladder match for an actual title (ie. Intercontinental or United States).

Either way...with The Rock hosting, Stone Cold being a ref, and even Trish Stratus returning, it makes this card pretty strong. It's a nice mix of amazing old school talents with the new blood that is taking over now.

Can't wait for the show!!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 15 2011, 10:09 AM)
You know it Bro...my favourite time of the year, and certainly the best for any fan of WWE.

This year's card looks pretty decent...though it looks like there won't be a Money In The Bank match this year.

Hopefully they find a way to get the young guys exposure on the card with some sort of spot fest...like a ladder match for an actual title (ie. Intercontinental or United States).

Either way...with The Rock hosting, Stone Cold being a ref, and even Trish Stratus returning, it makes this card pretty strong. It's a nice mix of amazing old school talents with the new blood that is taking over now.

Can't wait for the show!!

im really looking foward to it. id like to see The Rock give the peoples elbow to Cena biggrin.gif