Rush reissues in 2011

The Owl

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=2168

RIAB posted a link about a Rush article in the newest issue of of Classic Rock presents "Prog" and the article mentions that Rush's back catalog will be once again re-issued in 2011

I remember about a year ago in the same magazine..... there was talks of Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree) doing this with Rush's Catalog as he is currently doing with the music of King Crimson.........

So, it is going ahead......... I HOPE SW is behing the mixing board here........ I never upgraded to the remasters of 14 years ago......and now that this is happening I will wait.........

I so want a 5.1 mix of these albums! And hopefully this will extend to the albums that the remasters did not cover (cough Vapor Trails, how can your mix be so bad when the remasters pre-dated you)

Hopefully not....... if this is a followup on last years rumor. Wilson will be involved........ Alex played a solo on one of PT's albums a couple of years ago, so they know each other....... If Wilson is mixing the album I will lose my sanity due to shear awesomness.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 1 2010, 03:05 PM)
Steven Wilson just HAS to produce a new Rush album before it's all over. Alex's work with them, Neil admires them a lot...maybe Wilson behind the reissues. I'd LOVE to hear him tackle a Rush studio album from the start.

Me too........ but the Wilson is a busy MoFo....... 4 different bands, and an acting producer........

That's why I am kind of excited about the 2011 date that the article gave.....he is mixing the King Crimson albums in 5.1 right now... and they sound fantastic.....(If you have not heard INCOTCC in 5.1 you have not heard ITCOTCC)! Hopefully it means that by 2011 Wilson will have the oppertunity to mix Rush's catalog

I hate to sound like such a noob right now, but is re-issue the same thing as remaster? Like what they did for Earthshine and One Little Victory on Retrospective?

Also, on iTunes, a bunch of albums say that they're remastered. So if those are already done, what the hell is 'back catalog' referring to?

scared.gif eh.gif

QUOTE (FORCE10 @ Jun 1 2010, 05:01 PM)
I hate to sound like such a noob right now, but is re-issue the same thing as remaster? Like what they did for Earthshine and One Little Victory on Retrospective?

Also, on iTunes, a bunch of albums say that they're remastered. So if those are already done, what the hell is 'back catalog' referring to?

scared.gif eh.gif

On iTunes, those are the remasters done in 1997. I believe if they were reissuing the albums, that would mean they were remastering them also. And possibly in 5.1, which would probably be pure epicocity.

If they nothing new, Live/ studio songs they can suck it if they think i am buying M.P agian

QUOTE (FORCE10 @ Jun 1 2010, 04:01 PM)

scared.gif eh.gif

Only Rush through HYF (or possibly through Presto) have been remastered and that as mentioned above was in 97.......

The newer CDs do not need remastering (aside from Vapor Trails) much........ but the only reason to reissue these is if you can get a 5.1 mix out of it.

Archived