2010 FIFA World Cup

g under p

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 19 2010, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 19 2010, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 19 2010, 09:37 AM)
Its the balls fault.

Bloody repeats! rage.gif

Its the refs, the balls, and the weather. rofl3.gif

How could you forget the trumpets? Again, rage.gif

QUOTE (g under p @ Jun 19 2010, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jun 18 2010, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2010, 05:06 PM)
QUOTE (nebbish @ Jun 18 2010, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (nebbish @ Jun 18 2010, 10:47 PM)
he basically slagged off the English fans for all the boos...

Rooney is a cock and highly overrated...

And he looks like an old man at 24 and today he played like an old man...

After the Slovenia game, Rooney will be heading home to rest up for the new Premier League season. laugh.gif

4. England....This team seems jinxed and unable to live up to high expectations.

I said from the beginning in this thread this team seemed jinxed and just straight up playig terrible.

Sorry Bro...but that is because the English squads are generally overrated. No matter what their squad looks like, they automatically call them "one of the favourites"...and for what?

WC 1966 - World Cup winner (though with much controversy)

WC 1990 - 4th Place

Euro 1968 - 3rd Place

Euro 1996 - Semi-Final

Sorry to all my English friends here, but this doesn't necessarily scream out "favourite" to me. They have one WC win which was 44 years ago.

Oh, and Treeduck is right, I have always felt that Rooney is overrated.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2010, 09:45 AM)

After the Slovenia game, Rooney will be heading home to rest up for the new Premier League season. laugh.gif

4. England....This team seems jinxed and unable to live up to high expectations.

I said from the beginning in this thread this team seemed jinxed and just straight up playig terrible.

Sorry Bro...but that is because the English squads are generally overrated. No matter what their squad looks like, they automatically call them "one of the favourites"...and for what?

WC 1990 - 4th Place

Euro 1968 - 3rd Place

Euro 1996 - Semi-Final

Sorry to all my English friends here, but this doesn't necessarily scream out "favourite" to me. They have one WC win which was 44 years ago.

Portugal is ranked no.3 in the world and I don't consider them as one of the favorites. laugh.gif

Edited by blackhawkrush

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 19 2010, 11:10 AM)

WC 1990 - 4th Place

Euro 1968 - 3rd Place

Euro 1996 - Semi-Final

Portugal is ranked no.3 in the world and I don't consider them as one of the favorites. laugh.gif

Oh...totally. You won't get the argument from me.

I don't expect them to do much this year. They have a terrible coach, and lost most of the guys that helped make their great run in 2006.

Nowadays they struggle to score goals, and that will be their downfall in this tourney.

Again...I wasn't trying to compare Portugal and England. I think they are BOTH overrated in terms of expectations for this tourney.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2010, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 19 2010, 11:10 AM)

WC 1990 - 4th Place

Euro 1968 - 3rd Place

Euro 1996 - Semi-Final

Oh...totally. You won't get the argument from me.

I don't expect them to do much this year. They have a terrible coach, and lost most of the guys that helped make their great run in 2006.

Nowadays they struggle to score goals, and that will be their downfall in this tourney.

Again...I wasn't trying to compare Portugal and England. I think they are BOTH overrated in terms of expectations for this tourney.

I wasn't comparing the two teams either. My point is that all statistics and rankings mean little. What matters is your current value on the field.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 19 2010, 01:37 PM)
Denmark in trouble after a quick strike from Eto'o. eh.gif

Excellent play all around and a great finish by Bendtner! trink39.gif Denmark 1 Cameroon 1 common001.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 19 2010, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 19 2010, 01:37 PM)
Denmark in trouble after a quick strike from Eto'o.  eh.gif

Excellent play all around and a great finish by Bendtner! trink39.gif Denmark 1 Cameroon 1 common001.gif

Is this the NHL? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Jun 19 2010, 04:26 PM)
can Argentina and Brazil meet in final or will they meet before that for sure if they win?

If they both finish with the same seed (ex. Both Brazil and Argentina finish 1st in their groups or both 2nd in their groups), then YES they can meet in the Final.

However, if they both finish with different seeds (ex. Brazil 1st in their group and Argentina 2nd in their group, or vice-versa), then they CANNOT meet in the Final, and would probably meet each other before then.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 19 2010, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (Raider917 @ Jun 19 2010, 04:26 PM)
can  Argentina and Brazil meet in final or will they meet before that for sure if they win?

If they both finish with the same seed (ex. Both Brazil and Argentina finish 1st in their groups or both 2nd in their groups), then YES they can meet in the Final.

However, if they both finish with different seeds (ex. Brazil 1st in their group and Argentina 2nd in their group, or vice-versa), then they CANNOT meet in the Final, and would probably meet each other before then.

But of course we all know that it will be Portugal and Argentina in the final. wink.gif

Gilot is quite correct - the French cheated their way into the finals by stiffing the Irish. And now the team is in disarray with the management and perhaps some of the players themselves.

The French are a talented side when they work as a team and not as a bunch of prima donna individuals. They remind of Holland back in the 70s & 80s. They had great players but they more or less hated each other and often played for themselves rather than as a team, with predictable results.

Come on South Africa smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 19 2010, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 19 2010, 10:06 AM)
Australia strikes first against Ghana!  trink39.gif  This group may really be up for grabs.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Not the powerhouse that is Ghana! Holy socks!

imagine if Germany lose to them on wednesday. France, England and Germany could all fail to advance.

Anelka was taken out of the game against Mexico because he played poorly. He should be ashamed of the way he played and the comments he made to Domenech. The team supports the player? France is done. 1022.gif Slovakia had a terrible game against Paraguay and will get killed by Italy. That may not help the Italians because they tied New Zealand and will probably have to play Holland in the next round. drool1.gif I picked Brazil to win this tournament but after their behavior in the Ivory Coast game, I hope they fail. Nasty bunch of players on that team, especially Kaka. 062802puke_prv.gif

I think the dark horse to win the Cup will be Argentina.

The other big guns - Germany, France, Spain, Brazil, Italy really haven't been all that convincing thus far. But then again the group stages are always like that.

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Jun 21 2010, 02:46 AM)

The other big guns - Germany, France, Spain, Brazil, Italy really haven't been all that convincing thus far. But then again the group stages are always like that.

Argentina haven't been a dark horse since 1978, they're one of the favourites.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 21 2010, 08:19 AM)

agreed, but peeps weren't quite so convinced with the team when Maradona took over the club a year or so back. They had a number of defeats and unconvincing wins during that time. Looks like he's finally got the team into shape

QUOTE (Sonatine @ Jun 21 2010, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 21 2010, 08:19 AM)

agreed, but peeps weren't quite so convinced with the team when Maradona took over the club a year or so back. They had a number of defeats and unconvincing wins during that time. Looks like he's finally got the team into shape

I hope Argentina win. How will the British "Hand of God/Belgrano "Gotcha"" red-top media handle that one????

Still reading a lot of Anyone But Argentina, remember Goose Green shite on a lot of MBs.

And some of the racist crap spewed toward Algeria was shocking, not being able to beat "Goatherds" and "Towel-heads" etc.....

Come On Diego!!! Mad as eggs. But you gotta love him.