Who's the biggest sell outs

ILSnwdog

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 20 2010, 08:59 AM)
Why isn't everyone saying Aerosmith? confused13.gif

They are on my list yes.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 20 2010, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 20 2010, 06:01 AM)
QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ May 19 2010, 10:27 PM)
Of all the bands listed, Genesis pisses me off the most. They were so amazing. I even like Phil Collins 1st lead effort, And Then There Were Three. Then he took over and it was almost pop.

That wasn't Phil's first album on lead, it was the first album without Steve Hackett.

Peter Gabriel left after 1975's The Lamb Lie Down on Broadway, and Phil sang lead from then on, including on the next two albums - A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering. Then Steve Hackett left, and the following album was And Then There Were Three.

But I agree with your premise: the first Genesis albums with Phil on lead vocal were still pretty good... but he ended up steering them in a commercial pop direction.

I didn't have a problem with Genesis until after ABACAB. But yeah...they certainly jumped into the deep end of the pool. They're music from the mid to late 80's was complete trash.

I actually like the "Genesis" album right after Abacab, but agree that the rest since has been crap. But I agree completely that the early phil stuff is fantastic and refuse to jump on any anti-phil bandwagon. Also want to add is I saw them on their last tour and thought they were excellent.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2010, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 20 2010, 08:59 AM)
Why isn't everyone saying Aerosmith?  confused13.gif

They are on my list yes.gif

Aerosmith is the most overrated band ever. I like their early stuff of course, - ie Rocks, but I theyve completely sold out and are a total mainstream characiture of themselves.

Archived