Who's Going to See...

LakesideMaiden

I really wished they were playing in NC though, my home state. It's a shame I can't view it there.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 6 2010, 11:58 AM)
I really wished they were playing in NC though, my home state. It's a shame I can't view it there.

I'm psyched you're coming up here for the showing though!!

I wonder why it's not, though? The band isn't playing in NC either, right? It's like there's a statewide Rush ban or something LOL

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 6 2010, 12:00 PM)

I wonder why it's not, though? The band isn't playing in NC either, right? It's like there's a statewide Rush ban or something LOL

I have no idea why that happened. There's plenty of Rush fans down there.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 6 2010, 12:01 PM)

And I know they've played Raleigh in the past too, so I don't know why. Just weird.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 6 2010, 12:03 PM)

And I know they've played Raleigh in the past too, so I don't know why. Just weird.

Yeah, my favorite concert was Hold Your Fire which was in Raleigh.

They skip Raleigh on occasion, but always play Charlotte. But this warm up tour is small anyway and they are probably only playing the larger cities.

Once the album comes out they will probably play Raleigh or at least Charlotte.

Of course, I'm wanting to see everybody tonight here in New England and think it will be fun.

Seeing it on my home turf would bring about a more personal experience since that is where I became a fan and I probably mention this in the film.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 6 2010, 12:10 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 6 2010, 12:03 PM)

Yeah, my favorite concert was Hold Your Fire which was in Raleigh.

They skip Raleigh on occasion, but always play Charlotte. But this warm up tour is small anyway and they are probably only playing the larger cities.

Once the album comes out they will probably play Raleigh or at least Charlotte.

Of course, I'm wanting to see everybody tonight here in New England and think it will be fun.

Seeing it on my home turf would bring about a more personal experience since that is where I became a fan and I probably mention this in the film.

Understandable! Okay, logging off now - have to get all of Niall's stuff together (my parents are babysitting him while we go out for the dinner and documentary) and then head down to Mass.

FYI: I'm making a dinner reservation for 16 people, for the 14 who have responded and 2 extras in case we have people decide to go last minute.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 6 2010, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 6 2010, 11:12 AM)
wow there's another screening with lotus land performing. i'm there june 11!

oh fine then - don't come when we're all going tongue.gif

CELTICS BABY

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 6 2010, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 6 2010, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 6 2010, 11:12 AM)
wow there's another screening with lotus land performing. i'm there june 11!

oh fine then - don't come when we're all going tongue.gif

CELTICS BABY

are you staying the night? i could meet up for a post-film brew yes.gif

Had a wonderful time tonight. Of course, all of Boston was nearly crippled with some severe storms that came through around 4:00. Went to eat dinner at Not Your Average Joe's, met some folks from TRF and Donna Halper joined us there.

The documentary is excellent, but then I knew it would be. I wasn't too keen on my appearance in the movie. (Am I really like that? ph34r.gif) but it was a sold out event and judging by the line outside the theatre, it looked like a Rush concert was about to take place with most of us in Rush tshirts and stuff.

Donna spoke about her experiences before and after the movie. Great stuff to hear.

Came home under much cooler and clearer weather conditions, had some snacks and now ready for bed.

It was a fabulous evening.

Awesome, AWESOME night!! biggrin.gif Here's some pictures from the evening smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/DonnaMCingI.jpg

Donna MC'ing holding THE demo album she got from Bob Roper of A&M Canada 1022.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/DonnaMCingII.jpg

Donna MC'ing holding THE demo album she got from Bob Roper of A&M Canada 1022.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/HolyGrailBackCloseUp.jpg

Close up of the back of THE HOLY GRAIL OF RUSHDOM wub.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/DaveDonnaandMe.jpg

Der Trom, Donna Halper and Me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/JayDonnaandJudy.jpg

Tortoise, Donna and Hare

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/TracyDonnaMeghanandJudy.jpg

R_o_R, Donna, Spike and Hare

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/MePetieandKellyD.jpg

Me, Petie Lee (from RIAB) and Kelly D (also from RIAB)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/KellyJillianMeandPetie.jpg

Circumstantial Tree, Jillian (From CP and co-organizer of RushCon), me and Petie Lee

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Rush%20Beyond%20the%20Lighted%20Stage/JillianMeandPetie.jpg

Jillian, me, and Petie Lee

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 7 2010, 05:43 PM)
Why is it that I look better in the mirror than in pictures or in movies? laugh.gif

lol Kelly - you look great! smile.gif I look horrible lol

Yeah, that was a good time!

Sorry i didnt meet you guys in the parking lot...i was there early, and decided to just head over to joes instead of possibly being swept away in the downpours..

Thank you LakesideMaiden for the reservations...

I look forward to seeing all of you at Mohegan.

1022.gif 2.gif

Donna gave us such amazing tidbits!!!!!

She is amazingly gracious and witty - - we are sooooo blessed to have her in Boston!!!!!

I am exhausted by the thrill of it all!!!

Love you all!!! hug2.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jun 7 2010, 06:45 PM)
Yeah, that was a good time!

Sorry i didnt meet you guys in the parking lot...i was there early, and decided to just head over to joes instead of possibly being swept away in the downpours..

Thank you LakesideMaiden for the reservations...

I look forward to seeing all of you at Mohegan.

1022.gif 2.gif

It was great to meet you!! You know, Joe's was so great - I only called about 15 minutes beforehand for the reservation, and they were like, yeah, no problem at all!

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 7 2010, 06:51 PM)
Donna gave us such amazing tidbits!!!!!

She is amazingly gracious and witty - - we are sooooo blessed to have her in Boston!!!!!

I am exhausted by the thrill of it all!!!

Love you all!!!  hug2.gif

Hare  biggrin.gif

I can't believe she kept asking if she was boring us!!! I seriously could sit and listen to her tell her stories for days on end!! Like Bruce Springsteen and the orange juice z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

Love you too, sis hug2.gif wub.gif

Donna is great that way. She can pull out some one-liners and they catch you by surprise.

Remember when she took the stage and was talking and then someone's cell phone started ringing?

"Marge, hold all my calls". rofl3.gif

And of course, who could forget the guy with the Caress of Steel shirt?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 8 2010, 10:09 AM)
Donna is great that way. She can pull out some one-liners and they catch you by surprise.

Remember when she took the stage and was talking and then someone's cell phone started ringing?

"Marge, hold all my calls". rofl3.gif

And of course, who could forget the guy with the Caress of Steel shirt?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif The one-liners were fantastic yes.gif

wacko.gif fing.gif I could tell that guy was really starting to get to her. When we all walked to our cars afterward, Kelly D and I were her "bodyguards". He wouldn't leave her alone.

I knew it was playing at some Rave theaters in the Cinti Dayton area starting the 10th and went to check the times and realized that they each have one show only. The Greenes near Dayton is 10am? weird time? Westchester north of Cinti is Thursday evening at 8 PM and thankfully I can make that show. I would have been really bummed had I missed this.

I have been hearing that Greensboro, NC has been added to the list of venues.

Well, it's better than nowhere in NC.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 8 2010, 03:33 PM)

lol kind of funny cause we were just talking about that the other day lol

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 8 2010, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 8 2010, 03:33 PM)

lol kind of funny cause we were just talking about that the other day lol

a couple of friends of mine stated in Facebook that a theatre will be showing it. It's probably just a matter of phoning an independent theatre and telling them that such a documentary exists.

If I were still in Cary, it would have taken just an hour to get to Greensboro.

Archived