Experiences selling spare tickets?

animateme

I got a couple of pre-sale tickets for the Houston show that I am not too comfortable with and I am thinking about maybe trying to grab 2 other tickets when the public TM sale opens, if I get anything that I like better. My question is, if I do purchase the 2 extra tickets, will I be able to sell the other 2 at face value easily? Has anyone ever sold extra tickets either through the forums or at the venue the day of the concert? I would just not want to end up with the extra tickets and not be able to sell them... fists crying.gif

Thanks for sharing any comments on this.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone here wanted them....depending on how good the seats are, I guess. Otherwise, eBay them or StubHub them (at face value, if you ask me). I doubt you'd be stuck with them unless you wait until the last minute.

I have had extra tickets before and sold them on line at forums like here and on ebay, I have also sold them in the parking lot night of. Never been stuck.

I got 2 tic's for ABQ to get rid of..

QUOTE (animateme @ Apr 30 2010, 01:00 PM)
I got a couple of pre-sale tickets for the Houston show that I am not too comfortable with and I am thinking about maybe trying to grab 2 other tickets when the public TM sale opens, if I get anything that I like better.  My question is, if I do purchase the 2 extra tickets, will I be able to sell the other 2 at face value easily?  Has anyone ever sold extra tickets either through the forums or at the venue the day of the concert?    I would just not want to end up with the extra tickets and not be able to sell them...  fists crying.gif

Thanks for sharing any comments on this.

Let me know what seats they are and I might be interested in buying.

Nevermind...we spoke before. I know where yours are. I'll give you a shout if I have no luck in the public sale this AM

Edited by ashpkt

Thank you all for your great comments and suggestions. Based on the confidence you gave me in that I will be able to sell my spare tickets, I went ahead and got another couple of tickets when the public sale started. Unfortunately these other seats I got are also not what I was hoping for in the first place (front section, center) but at least I now have two choices to pick from: 1)Close to the stage far on the side, or 2)Not so close to the stage but right in the center.

From all your comments it seems like there are several options to offer the tickets, forums, ebay, stub-hub... My concern now is how to finalize the deal. Should I ask for money up-front and hope that the buyer trusts that I will hand over the tickets? How would that usually work? My problem here is that one set of tickets will be fedexed to me until 2 weeks before the show (musictoday) so I won't physically have them with me until then, and the other set of tickets are Will Call (ticketmaster) so I won't be able to have them until the day of the show. From this, if anyone is willing to buy my extra tickets they will have to trust me that I will provide them by the show day (and I will, of course) but how do you ensure such a transaction? Anyone ever sell tickets that you still don't have in your hands?

Thanks again.

No stanger in their right mind is going to buy tickets off you on ebay/stubhub that you do not have in hand, and no stranger in their right mind is going to pay you for tickets a head of time that you're getting at Will Call. That being said you're only choices are to find a friend to buy them or sell them on craigslist to someone and tell them to meet you at the show/Will Call and you can exchange the tickets/cash there.

Thank you all once again for sharing your experiences and suggestions. I am certainly confident now that I will be able to sell those tickets. The strategy seems to be to offer them on the forums, then, if the date approaches and I have no response, I can post them up on eBay, Craigslist or Stub-hub. If I am not lucky by the day of the show, I'll just show up early at the gate and I'm sure I should be able to close the deal that day.

Thanks again for your great comments! Greatly appreciated. smile.gif