praying for a Detroit show!

liddybuck01

It's not going to happen. sad.gif

The tour dates have been all announced and they are playing 2nd shows in Chicago and Red Rocks so there is no room. Sarnia is WAY WAY WAY close. Pretty much just 30 min PAST Pine Knob so it's not bad.

Plus General admission so if you crazy like me, you'll wait for a LONG while and get front row.(you've got to get the "VIP" section though)

www.sarniabayfest.com

I wish they were playing here, but they won't. They will in 2011 for sure.

Edited by krlowe

I was really hoping for a Phoenix show. We've been lucky enough to get a show for every tour since at least Presto. I'm making a pilgrimage to Red Rocks. I've always wanted to see them there anyway.

I'm driving to Chicago over July 4th weekend. confused13.gif

Never need an excuse to visit Chicago in the summer and now I have one. Easy call for me.

But considering I live less than 5 minutes from Pine Knob- it would have been cool for them to play in my backyard. Love Pine Knob.

Edited by Three Putt

i just don't have the money to spend on traveling somewhere, and i don't have anyone to watch my pets while i'm gone.

i wish they would play DTE or the Palace, my friend works those places. she got me 3rd row for Megadeth and we only bought lawn seats. saw Rush at JLA in 2008 and it was great because it's 10 mins from my house.

Edited by liddybuck01

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:29 AM)
anyone else? i just cannot make the trip to Ohio.

this sucks!

Why not go to Sarnia, Ontario??? (get a passport)

Edited by the masked drummer

ok, let's weigh the options here.

Sarnia

pros - only hour and a half away. tickets are bad and it's general admission so if we get there early and wait outside who knows how close we could be.

cons - my husband and i both have to get passport cards which would be $90. it's outside, no seats, standing all day.

Columbus

pros - not out of the country, no currency exchange. seats and indoors.

cons - farther drive. higher price plus service charge for probably worse seats.

what would you do?

oh yeah forgot to add that we would be driving home from either show. i've driven home from shows many times before so it's not that bad. it just sucks a little lol

Edited by liddybuck01

My buddy got an enahnced drivers licence and was able to get into Canada just fine on Friday for a gig.

It was $40 more at the Secretary of State.

Sarnia is going to be awesome . General admission is fun. I am getting the "VIP" tickets and waiting. There is a VIP area that is the first 100 feet from the stage so you can get a great view. After that it's normal general admission

I am looking forward to the trip, it's only about 2 hours from here(west Lansing) and it's going to be a fun atmostphere.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Apr 28 2010, 03:30 PM)
Dream Theater didn't come to Detroit last year, either. A clear indication of our economic status... eh.gif

theyre opening for Iron Maiden the 17th of July at DTE Im goin that kinda makes up for them skipping us on their ProgNation 09 tour