Just bought some horrible seats for Irvine...

shaun3701

I can't believe it, I literally clicked the second they went on general sale this morning, and there was NOTHING good available. I even went back 2 or 3 times to see if anything better would pop up, to no avail. So I got terrace seats, WAY in the back but at least I'll be there! Time Machine tour here I come...

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 24 2010, 01:20 PM)
I can't believe it, I literally clicked the second they went on general sale this morning, and there was NOTHING good available. I even went back 2 or 3 times to see if anything better would pop up, to no avail. So I got terrace seats, WAY in the back but at least I'll be there! Time Machine tour here I come...

NeilFinal.gif I got lucky I just got 3 tickets to the show at the Nationwide in Columbus with a pretty good view, its my first Rush show so I consider myself lucky to be 18 and seeing MP being performed entirely for the first time. I think it will be a religous experience

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 24 2010, 03:00 PM)

NeilFinal.gif I got lucky I just got 3 tickets to the show at the Nationwide in Columbus with a pretty good view, its my first Rush show so I consider myself lucky to be 18 and seeing MP being performed entirely for the first time. I think it will be a religous experience

Haha! What he said. Honestly man, at least you're going, right? I'm way up in the lawn for my show, but it's actually not that bad. Once the music starts flowing you'll even forget where you are and just have a blast 1022.gif

Same for me on the Columbus show. Not much to choose from.

I will try for Pittsburgh on Monday. Also thinking I may wait if they don't

sell out to try a few days before the show. Often tickets open up. Especially with this

premium ticket BS perhaps they will release those to a lower price level.

Meanwhile I have my Toronto floor seats. :-)

what do you mean lucky to be 18? tongue.gif

I wouldnt go to a RUSH show unless i was in the first 10 rows. Lawn is a waste. You might as well be sitting in the parking lot listening to the show or at home listening to the cd. This tour was the most difficult to find a decent seat. Thats why i went the broker route. $200 = 3rd row center. No hassles, no worries.

QUOTE (The Rush Kid @ Apr 24 2010, 08:11 PM)

what do you mean lucky to be 18? tongue.gif

I mean its my first Rush show ever and I never would have expected to see Moving Pictures played in its entirety that hasn't been done since the original MP tour so in essence its really going to be like a time machine for me anyway. my parents wouldn't let me see the S&A tour which actually came to my hometown twice this time around i have to drive 300 miles but atleast I have good seats. and I honestly thought I would be waiting a lot longer than 18 months for another tour

Edited by jesse2112

QUOTE (test4eggroll @ Apr 25 2010, 07:50 AM)
I wouldnt go to a RUSH show unless i was in the first 10 rows. Lawn is a waste. You might as well be sitting in the parking lot listening to the show or at home listening to the cd. This tour was the most difficult to find a decent seat. Thats why i went the broker route. $200 = 3rd row center. No hassles, no worries.

You can have an amazing time on the lawn if you get a good crowd.

That's a ridiculous standard.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 25 2010, 10:07 AM)
I wouldnt go to a RUSH show unless i was in the first 10 rows.  Lawn is a waste.  You might as well be sitting in the parking lot listening to the show or at home listening to the cd.  This tour was the most difficult to find a decent seat.  Thats why i went the broker route.  $200 = 3rd row center.  No hassles, no worries.

That's a ridiculous standard.

Agreed.

No way would I sit on the lawn at a Rush show. What's the point?

The lawn is for a Pearl Jam concert. No... actually, I hate Pearl Jam and wouldn't even waste my my time or money.

If I'm going to a concert....and spend the time and money...I'm getting good seats.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Apr 25 2010, 06:35 PM)

The lawn is for a Pearl Jam concert. No... actually, I hate Pearl Jam and wouldn't even waste my my time or money.

If I'm going to a concert....and spend the time and money...I'm getting good seats.

The point is to watch and listen to the show? It's not as bad as you rich folk think.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:38 PM)

The point is to watch and listen to the show? It's not as bad as you rich folk think.

goodpost.gif

I've plenty of good show experiences from lawn or cheap seat perspectives. Great way to watch the light show, if nothing else.

You's with tickets to Nationwide Arena at Columbus... just curious, where are your seats?

At the presale, I managed to get 3 tickets, Floor 1 (Ged's side), row G (7th row). But they are at the far end of the row, which might not be that great after studying some pictures of a Genesis concert at that venue.

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:38 PM)

Rich? Me? Far from it.

The last concert I went to was 2nd leg of S&A. I'm not a professional concert goer. So, when I go and see my favorite band; I'm not watching them from the lawn.

And quite franky, lawn seats are not that cheap either.

I'm gald you enjoy it tho'...frees up better seats for those of us that don't own a pair of binoculars. Enjoy the light show.

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Apr 25 2010, 09:10 PM)
You's with tickets to Nationwide Arena at Columbus... just curious, where are your seats?

At the presale, I managed to get 3 tickets, Floor 1 (Ged's side), row G (7th row). But they are at the far end of the row, which might not be that great after studying some pictures of a Genesis concert at that venue.

Well they're not as good as yours section 204 row A not bad given my budget

Just did pretty well in the pre-sale for the Bristow show. Got in at exactly 10am, and got tickets in the center section right behind the orchestra. With the inclined seats at the venue, it should be pretty nice. Tix are pretty expensive, at $128 a pop, but obviously worth it.

Word of caution: a friend of mine was trying the exact same time and couldnt get in, so it may help to pair up with one or more people when buying tix to these shows