Geddy needs to go back in his time machine to 1980

exiled yorkie

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 17 2010, 07:36 AM)
Lol I put on the 2nd disc of R30 and it's amusing to see the interview (1980) where Geddy pisses and moans about high ticket prices. How times chance Geddy.

Well yeah they are definitely out to steal from us this time around, but in fairness to them, I think they are getting very close to retirement. Cant really blame them for trying to cash in while they still can before they call it a career.

It is kind of a slap in the face to us loyal fans when just a couple years after the S&A tour, they are charging like $100 more than they were, but whatever, crying about it wont get anything done.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 19 2010, 10:47 AM)
Lol I put on the 2nd disc of R30 and it's amusing to see the interview (1980) where Geddy pisses and moans about high ticket prices. How times chance Geddy.

Well yeah they are definitely out to steal from us this time around, but in fairness to them, I think they are getting very close to retirement. Cant really blame them for trying to cash in while they still can before they call it a career.

It is kind of a slap in the face to us loyal fans when just a couple years after the S&A tour, they are charging like $100 more than they were, but whatever, crying about it wont get anything done.

The cheapest tickets (lawns) for their uber super popular summer HOME show at the Molson Ampitheatre are $27.50 before Ticketbastard fees.

Three weeks ago my wife and I went to a MATINEE to see Alice in Wonderland 3D and it cost us THIRTY-TWO bucks.

Where do people get off personally slamming the members of RUSH for ticket prices? When is the last time you people left the house and paid for something?

Jeeeeez!

angry.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 19 2010, 11:44 AM)

The cheapest tickets (lawns) for their uber super popular summer HOME show at the Molson Ampitheatre are $27.50 before Ticketbastard fees.

Three weeks ago my wife and I went to a MATINEE to see Alice in Wonderland 3D and it cost us THIRTY-TWO bucks.

Where do people get off personally slamming the members of RUSH for ticket prices? When is the last time you people left the house and paid for something?

Jeeeeez!

angry.gif

Cheapest prices at Molson this tour are $45...

If they charged 1 grand a ticket most of you would say it was ok. Remember Geddy and the Boys have bills to pay, lol.

We are talking about a band that now sells socks and undies in its online store. Do you really think they care about tickets prices, no. They are out to fleece you before they retire.

I think it would be kind of cool to be in a band that could draw a decent crowd because of their great music.

Then turn around and be like, alright all ye music stealin' arseholes...

Come one and all to see our show. Rock out to some tunes and then get the arses back to yer homestead. Givin' us all yer loot on the way!! Haaar haaar!!!!

I think that would be fun as hell..

I think the OP is just jealous because he's not in said band.

Edited by red sector animal

QUOTE (Signals '83 @ Apr 18 2010, 08:27 PM)
But that interview was when bands made way more money off their music sales than they do now. Touring is the cash cow now

Yep. Back then Geddy didn't have to worry about people illegaly downloading thousands of copies of Moving Pictures smile.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 19 2010, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Signals '83 @ Apr 18 2010, 08:27 PM)
But that interview was when bands made way more money off their music sales than they do now.  Touring is the cash cow now

Yep. Back then Geddy didn't have to worry about people illegaly downloading thousands of copies of Moving Pictures smile.gif

Damn right 1287.gif The pricks that do this need a good slap

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 19 2010, 06:30 PM)
Do you honestly thing GEDS is worried about someone downloading a copy of moving pictures in 2010 get real

He is talking about Today . The M.P. reference was because the interview was back in the good old daze , no internet trink39.gif

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 19 2010, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 19 2010, 11:44 AM)

Jeeeeez!

angry.gif

Cheapest prices at Molson this tour are $45...

Read what I said. Before Ticketmaster fees.

If those soulless assholes at TM and the venue start racking up all these imaginary fees there isn't much Rush can do about that right?

Seriously go to TM and look at the prices, and click the bit that says "pricing details" and I shows the price Before and After the shit fees.

Man I sure hope the undust Before and After this tour!

Mmmmmmmm. Before and After!