The MST3K Appreciation Thread

Ted Barchetta

This is/was seriously the best show ever.

If you haven't ever seen it (!) go on Netflix and find the one called "Space Mutiny" it is one of the funniest things EVER.

Discuss.

PRINCE OF SPACE

Stupid humans...

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/MattD1972/poster26122749.jpg

WHY HAS THIS GUY GONE UNDRAFTED?? MY GOD EVEN THE CLEVELAND BROWNS WOULD WIN FORRA CHANGE!!

anyway best one ever..even had someone get slapped in the head in the movie and one of the boys borrowed a BE HEALED from Rev Ernest Ainsley our Akron TV faith healer!!

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

In the episode "Stranded in Space", the female lead shows up at the hero's door, obviously worked over by the evil Perfect Order. Before there's any line of dialog, Crow chimes in with "My name is Luka I live on the second floor."

I just about wet myself laughing.

Oh - if you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts - just repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax.

Edited by graylensman

http://subtlebluntness.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/torgo.gif

DO SOMETHING! GOD!

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Apr 7 2010, 12:08 AM)

If you haven't ever seen it (!) go on Netflix and find the one called "Space Mutiny" it is one of the funniest things EVER.

Discuss.

Thanks; I'll follow your recommendation and try to find that Ep on YouTube.

I wasn't a regular watcher of this show by any means, but I saw an episode once with a gag that had me cracking up! I'd think about the joke throughout the day and die laughing all over again.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 9 2010, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Apr 7 2010, 12:08 AM)

Discuss.

Thanks; I'll follow your recommendation and try to find that Ep on YouTube.

I wasn't a regular watcher of this show by any means, but I saw an episode once with a gag that had me cracking up! I'd think about the joke throughout the day and die laughing all over again.

I found the episode that cracked me up so much. It was from the ninth season and was called "The Screaming Skull." YouTube has the entire episode, in nine parts. I just watched it all, and it was funny!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/YKUbJMWmca4/0.jpg

Movie: "They're just like children sometimes."

MST3K: Yes, because children love hanging drapes.

Movie: (We see Eric cursing at his dim-witted gardener, shaking him violently and throwing him to the ground.)

MST3K: "Should I consider this my employee review?"

laugh.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

Woman in Movie (spurning romantic advances): "We better get going."

MST3K, voicing Man in Movie: "But, I've got a Mantis in my pantis."

There was one when some sorcerer got killed and fell over weird and there was a big close up of his face. Then somebody says "OH GRACIOUS, I'M DEAD!!" a'la Phylls Diller.

I don't know, it was so funny at the time LOL.

I didn't like Mike half as much as Joel even though I know he was one of the main writers. And then they got rid of Dr. Forrester eventually too right? When did it finally go off the air?

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 10 2010, 10:31 PM)

That's one of the things about this show. It cracks me up when I see and hear certain lines - I'll even start cracking up all over again if I recall the joke later in the day - but explaining the joke to someone else, it doesn't sound even remotely funny. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 10 2010, 10:31 PM)
There was one when some sorcerer got killed and fell over weird and there was a big close up of his face. Then somebody says "OH GRACIOUS, I'M DEAD!!" a'la Phylls Diller.

I didn't like Mike half as much as Joel even though I know he was one of the main writers. And then they got rid of Dr. Forrester eventually too right? When did it finally go off the air?

laugh.gif

i agree, i liked Joel a little better than Mike. i think 1999 was the last year they made episodes. i may be wrong.