First Rush Concert?

Dave

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 20 2004, 10:09 PM)

WORCESTER CENTRUM

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

Nice daveyt common001.gif Where ya hail from? My first show was at the Worcester Cement-rum as well, though, sadly, not until another 10 years after yours....

2112 is very impressive! For me, it was the Kings Tour in August, 1977.

Lansing, Michigan. That's where the title cut from Fly By Night was written!

"Why do I have to sit in the middle?"

"Becasue that's where the drums are stupid!"

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

December, 1976 : Rush opened for Aerosmith at the Montreal Forum. Not only was it my first Rush concert, but it was my first concert period. A great way to start !! smile.gif

Since then, I've seen every Rush concert in Montreal, (as well as shows in Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto, and the U.S.)

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Oct 21 2004, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 20 2004, 10:09 PM)

WORCESTER CENTRUM

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

Nice daveyt common001.gif Where ya hail from? My first show was at the Worcester Cement-rum as well, though, sadly, not until another 10 years after yours....

i lived in NATICK, WEBSTER, SALEM, BROOKLINE, WALTHAM, EVERETT at various points in mi life.

MASSACHUSETTS RULES! love those centrum crowds

First time I saw 2.gif it was my first concert. 1984 Lawler Events Center, Reno NV. The last time I saw them was this year in Las Vegas, NV. In between those dates, I've seen them 13 other times but those were all in CA.

653.gif

QUOTE (DaveC82775 @ Sep 19 2004, 07:53 PM)
1977 Sheffield City Hall, England. A palce small enough to see the whites of the band's eyes. Awesome stuff.
Claim to fame - a two nighter at Newcastle City Hall (England). We hung around for autographs and photos and got invited into the soundcheck where part of Xanadu was played. Yahoooooooo biggrin.gif

That wouldn't happen to have been their first UK gig would it?

If so then nasty.gif

1979 Pinkpop festival in Geleen (the Netherlands). Here's the webpage from the Pinkpop organisation about Rush (never mind the Dutch language, enjoy the (3)pictures (loooonggg hair) ---->www.pinkpop.org/1979.htm#rush

Setlist of the last concert of this first European Rush Tour:

A Passage to Bangkok,

Xanadu,

The Trees,

Closer to the Heart,

La Villa Strangiato,

In the Mood,

~Drum Solo en Something for Nothing

First post here. My first Rush concert was exactly two years ago in Montreal. The band was incredible. I then was able to see them at the Sarsstock concert in July 03, which totally blew my mind. The bass sound was not very good at the Bell Centre, but at the Sars concert it was all bass. I regret not seeing them again in Montreal this year. Oh well...

-Led

QUOTE (Led Boots @ Oct 21 2004, 08:32 PM)
First post here. My first Rush concert was exactly two years ago in Montreal. The band was incredible. I then was able to see them at the Sarsstock concert in July 03, which totally blew my mind. The bass sound was not very good at the Bell Centre, but at the Sars concert it was all bass. I regret not seeing them again in Montreal this year. Oh well...

-Led

Welcome Led! trink38.gif Hopefully you will be sure to make TWO shows to make up next tour!

I see red?...Going back thru my memory banks cool10.gif Listening to all these first 2.gif concerts<------love em..I remember i had to be about 17,1981,burn outs were throwing up all over Madison Square Garden, New York City...Wow,This is just coming back? ThankYou 2.gif People 062802puke_prv.gif BEE WELL!!..THANK YOU GOOD NIGHT!

QUOTE (Neil Bird @ Oct 21 2004, 11:27 AM)
1979 Pinkpop festival in Geleen (the Netherlands). Here's the webpage from the Pinkpop organisation about Rush (never mind the Dutch language, enjoy the (3)pictures (loooonggg hair) ---->www.pinkpop.org/1979.htm#rush

A Passage to Bangkok,
Xanadu,
The Trees,
Closer to the Heart,
La Villa Strangiato,
In the Mood,

Nice Neil Bird. I have a couple cds full of Rush videos, one of them is a rather poor quality, but still very decent, video of them playing La Villa at that concert. I may not have been born at the time of the concert, but I have seen the same thing you have (to an extent)

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 22 2004, 10:58 AM)

A Passage to Bangkok,
Xanadu,
The Trees,
Closer to the Heart,
La Villa Strangiato,
In the Mood,

Nice Neil Bird. I have a couple cds full of Rush videos, one of them is a rather poor quality, but still very decent, video of them playing La Villa at that concert. I may not have been born at the time of the concert, but I have seen the same thing you have (to an extent)

Hello Moonraker,

I just discovered the Pinkpop organisation has editioned two dvd's. On one of them contains La Villa by Rush. Must be the one you have (how did you get it?).

I used to have a tape (cassette) with the Pinkpop concert. The tape must be somewhere here, but no cassette player anymore (and the quality of sound wasn't to good).

Never mind the age, we all live in a time capsule.

Ciao, NB 2.gif

QUOTE (Neil Bird @ Oct 22 2004, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 22 2004, 10:58 AM)

A Passage to Bangkok,
Xanadu,
The Trees,
Closer to the Heart,
La Villa Strangiato,
In the Mood,

Hello Moonraker,

I just discovered the Pinkpop organisation has editioned two dvd's. On one of them contains La Villa by Rush. Must be the one you have (how did you get it?).

I used to have a tape (cassette) with the Pinkpop concert. The tape must be somewhere here, but no cassette player anymore (and the quality of sound wasn't to good).

Never mind the age, we all live in a time capsule.

Ciao, NB 2.gif

There was an FTP site I found awhile back that had a bunch of Rush videos on it, I dont remember where or what it was, but I dled as much as I could when I knew it.

Oh man my first Rush Concert new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif was a 2.gif ! It was during their Moving Pictures Tour back in 1981, I was 15 and didn't know too much about them, except that the entire Moving Pic "tape" (to me) blew Led Zep, AC/DC, the mainstream R/R bands "Away"! First row at The Nassau Col, Long Island, NY., the guys opened w/2112 and the rest of that show is a complete blur of extasy, love at 2 of my senses sight/hearing. It wasn't just being in the front row, I've been their before, twice for Elvis Presley, Black Sabbath & crap load of others. I'm not bragging, but in my youth one of the gang baby sat for the head hancho sponsors, so we all ways sat front to 3rd row. That nite was the last to see Rush that close, as the sponsors kids got older, the less my buddie was able to babysit, the further are seats went back on the floor, the sponsor soon retired those close floors seats vanished as did my youth. Today the best seats I can get are thru ticketmaster. Scalpers are not the same today either, you purchase from them chances are, the real ticket holders arrive & you are brought down to security. Knowing a head hancho has the same possibilities of the scalper. Damn I wish I was 15 again and hearing "and the meak shall inherit the earth" resting my hands on the stage in front of Geddy!

Archived