THE TAGICALLY HIP

Rhosyn Helena

I don't know if this has been done before and I don't care because I LOVE THIS BAND.

Obviously, I read about them in Traveling (traveling... travelling... travel... ing?) Music by Mr. Peart and had to check them out. Started with New Orleans Is Sinking, and progressed from there.

They're bloody brilliant.

Godie Downie ftw.

The Hip are one of my favorite, feel-good bands. Putting them on always makes my mood lighter.

I met them, too! Seriously, I did! yes.gif Very cool guys. Gord Downy is a complete contradiction off-stage of his on-stage personality. Real quiet and calm, but very friendly and gentlemanly. There are pictures buried somewhere on TRF. It was cool. smile.gif

Ahead by a Century, New Orleans is Sinking and World Container are my fav Hip songs.

Right now I love "Silver Jet"... New Orleans... is another favourite... then Boots or Hearts, Last American Exit and Small Town Bringdown... gotta go listen to those now...

Erm... very possibly Up To Here which is the CD New Orleans is Sinking is off. Or if you're feeling adventurous I reccommend In Violet Light, Road Apples or Fully Completely.

road apples is good, try to see them in concert if your can, Gord's awesome! very entertaining, they really put on a show too!

they just played 4 nights in a row in edmonton here a little while ago in a smaller venue as opposed to playing one night in our big arena, how often do you see a band do that!

I also took note of all the bands when I read Neil's book looking for good new bands.... turned out to be a waste of time for the most part! lol I learn more from RH666 and others on this site! 1022.gif

...no one had to tell me about the hip though! trink39.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Feb 19 2010, 06:50 AM)

I've only heard a few of their songs a while ago during an ice skating competition. I liked their sound.

So as a newbie what's the best CD of theirs to get?

I'd definitely start off with Fully Completely. After that, either Phantom Power or Up To Here.

Archived