Who is your favorite Williams sister?

Rush Cocky

In tennis, which of the Williams sisters is your favorite?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. In tennis, which of the Williams sisters is your favorite?

• Serena
    • Venus

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 29 2010, 04:36 AM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Jan 27 2010, 07:10 PM)
http://dailyhomerenotips.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/bathroom-towel-rack-relocated.jpg
It's so plain. I like my racks with more curves.  That is all.

Hey, when did you sneak into my house? Because that's my bathroom.

Anyway, Venus is quieter, more humble, and doesn't play the race card. Serena appears to take after her nutjob daddy.

All of this may be true but the nutjob dad DID predict that both would be multiple grand slam winners, be ranked #1 at some point, be ranked #1 and #2 at another point (which I think was done briefly over 5 or so years ago), and that Serena was going to win more slams than Venus...all of this was predicted before Venus even turned pro. So yeah, he's a nutjob but he sure knew how to raise legendary grand slam champions.

I don't like either Williams sister. Both have come across as arrogant, condescending, cry babies more than a handful of times in their careers.

Give me the non-sister combo of a grunting Monica Seles and relentless Steffi Graf any day. As far as present female players go, I'm glad Henin's back. She shows that you don't have to be a powerhouse to be a slam champ. She does it with an all-around game and a brain.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Feb 4 2010, 06:47 AM)
Serena is a f*cking crybaby. Everytime she loses, it's never her opponent played better tennis.

Yeah, that generally is what she does. Most people don't remember but Agassi was like that for much of the 90s. He didn't chill out until much later in his career...and actually I think it happened after he won the French (the last of the slams to elude him). So it took several ass whippings from Pete and the French title for him to stop being a crybaby. I wonder what it'll take for Serena.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Feb 3 2010, 04:47 PM)
Serena is a f*cking crybaby. Everytime she loses, it's never her opponent played better tennis.  fists crying.gif  I think her and Mauresmo were shooting each other up in the butt with roids.  yes.gif

yup. she's not a good sport, and if she does give credit, it sounds so phony. she'll chill out with age though.

Edited by ReflectedLight

I don't really have a favorite. Serena is out of Wimbledon this year because of her pregnancy. Venus was declared to be at fault for a car crash in Palm Beach Gardens on June 9 that injured a 78-year-old man who died two weeks later. A reporter was giving her a hard time about it at a presser today. She feels really awful about what happened.

I agree with what Mara said.

Anyway, Venus is quieter, more humble, and doesn't play the race card. Serena appears to take after her nutjob daddy.

Edited by Boots

I don't really have a favorite. Serena is out of Wimbledon this year because of her pregnancy. Venus was declared to be at fault for a car crash in Palm Beach Gardens on June 9 that injured a 78-year-old man who died two weeks later. A reporter was giving her a hard time about it at a presser today. She feels really awful about what happened.

I agree with what Mara said.

And now police have retracted their original statement

http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/19906408/attorneys-agree-exchange-car-crash-data-venus-williams-case

• Like 1