Pet peeve list

Guest Quigley_Moog

This convo reminds me of another pet peeve: parents placing impossible pressure on their kids.

Mine told me that if I ever screwed up, disappointed them, whatever...that it would kill them...in other words, we only love you if you're perfect.

And it only took 15 years of therapy to realize why I have such self-esteem issues!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 21 2005, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 21 2005, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 21 2005, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 21 2005, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Mar 21 2005, 01:20 PM)

People that talk bout others behind there back but when face to face with the person they all chummy with them.

This is PRECISELY what I was going to type. My next door neighbors are like that. They chop their relatives and closest friends up to pieces and serve them on a platter to whomever is visiting. The only criteria is that the victims are not there that day. And after YOU leave, it's your turn. Then when you see them again... it's all open arms, and big smiles, and fake giggles.

Pathetic and disgusting behavior. People like that have such low self esteem and can only be interesting at the expense of someone else. 062802puke_prv.gif

My biggest pet peeve.

So, you've met my parents then?

My parents called me 'lazy asshole' to my face...

Mine told me they are ashamed of me.

Same here. They said I was the worst, and wished I wasn't born.

Well my dad did anyways.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2005, 05:25 PM)
This convo reminds me of another pet peeve: parents placing impossible pressure on their kids.

Mine told me that if I ever screwed up, disappointed them, whatever...that it would kill them...in other words, we only love you if you're perfect.

And it only took 15 years of therapy to realize why I have such self-esteem issues!

You're not perfect? wub.gif

How about parents who say their kids could do no wrong?

Like when our neighbour's kids were throwing rocks at another neighbour's car... The neighbour snapped at them and the parents said 'well you shouldn't have parked there...'

Edited by barney_rebel

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2005, 03:25 PM)

Mine expected me to fail.

The only right thing in their eyes, was to marry rich.

WTF? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 21 2005, 04:28 PM)

Not even close.

But I sure try damn hard.

smile.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 21 2005, 05:28 PM)

How about parents who say their kids could do no wrong?

Like when our neighbour's kids were throwing rocks at another neighbour's car... The neighbour snapped at them and the parents said 'well you shouldn't have parked there...'

heh, sounds like my neighbor... There was one time the police brought the kid home because he'd been caught egging a house and all the mother said was "He'd never do a thing like that officer." She still believes they made it up to this day and that he's a "perfect little angel."

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Mar 21 2005, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2005, 03:25 PM)

Mine expected me to fail.

The only right thing in their eyes, was to marry rich.

WTF? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_rolleyes.gif

Mine didn't - but was ready to give up on me.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2005, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 21 2005, 04:28 PM)

Not even close.

But I sure try damn hard.

smile.gif

Well you are doing quite well wink.gif

people who talk during movies (loud enough so that I can hear the entire conversation and have trouble hearing the dialogue in the movie) and people who actually answer their cell phones during a movie and start to carry on a conversation. Turn the fargin' thing off!

Stupid comments.

Goths.

Emos.

Furries.

People who frequently use internet language.

Punk rock.

Alternative rock.

Relating to stupid comments... This one girl in history class made one of the worst I've heard. She said that "America is very fortunate to be the only country in the world to have the right of free speech." You can fill in the blanks...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 21 2005, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 21 2005, 07:22 PM)
Ok, this is sort of off topic, but I've read about "emo's" in this thread. What is an "emo"?  Help out the old man here  laugh.gif

http://altmusic.about.com/library/weekly/aabyb_emo.htm

Here you go Snowdog...hope it helps laugh.gif

Thanks. So, Weezer, Green Day , etc. are considered Emo, eh? Learn something new everyday.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 21 2005, 09:58 PM)
People that come onto the board, thats family orientated, and starts posting smutty rice. Trying to bring the board down...

I agree, I couldn't believe my eyes

QUOTE (Quigley_Moog @ Mar 21 2005, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 21 2005, 08:58 PM)
People that come onto the board, thats family orientated, and starts posting smutty rice.  Trying to bring the board down...

comment deleted by mod

Look, enough with the language. You're acting immature.

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Mar 21 2005, 09:03 PM)
Looks Like xx-entrenue-xx has returned ph34r.gif

Is that who that is??? I remember that farger.

Oh... pet peeve of the moment is dial-up. Using it due to being away from home....GARG 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by Trance

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 21 2005, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 21 2005, 06:11 PM)

And who would that be whom you oh-so-kindly mentioned? laugh.gif

Just this cat who caused some rice at another board. Pretty petty and silly actually. I figure every board is bound to have that at some point though, eh?

QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 21 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Mar 21 2005, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 21 2005, 06:11 PM)

And who would that be whom you oh-so-kindly mentioned? laugh.gif

Just this cat who caused some rice at another board. Pretty petty and silly actually. I figure every board is bound to have that at some point though, eh?

Yeah. I've often thought of mentioning a 'contract' that a new user signs when they want to go onto a board..