Rush wins 'Lifetime Achievement' award at SOCAN!

limeloaf

We know that time has wings...

Congratulations to Rush!

Easily the most influential Canadian band in history. They have deserved this for a very long time and i'm glad that they were recognized by Canadian musics governing body.

I am thrilled that Rush have garnered so much attention lately. Maybe we'll see the RRHOF finally recognize Rush for the great music that has touched mine and millions of other peoples hearts.

Right to the heart of the matter heart.gif

Well deserved, and I am delighted. Really I am.

But I still get this sinking feeling that we won't hear new stuff from Rush again. Based on this thought....that these are the types of honors that are given to someone who is retired.

Then again, maybe they're just stopping to smell the rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (limeloaf @ Nov 23 2009, 10:44 PM)
Maybe we'll see the RRHOF finally recognize Rush for the great music that has touched mine and millions of other peoples hearts.

I personally don't care if Rush is inducted into the hall at this point. The HOF is a joke now that we've got Run DMC, LL Cool J, two inductions for Michael Jackson, and three for Eric Clapton.

QUOTE (Working Man @ Nov 24 2009, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (limeloaf @ Nov 23 2009, 10:44 PM)
Maybe we'll see the RRHOF finally recognize Rush for the great music that has touched mine and millions of other peoples hearts.

I personally don't care if Rush is inducted into the hall at this point. The HOF is a joke now that we've got Run DMC, LL Cool J, two inductions for Michael Jackson, and three for Eric Clapton.

I'd vote for EC to be in 4 times:

Yardbirds

Cream

Blind Faith

Derek And The Dominos

I think I belong in the RRHOF before any of the others you mentioned.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Nov 24 2009, 10:05 AM)
Well deserved, and I am delighted. Really I am.

But I still get this sinking feeling that we won't hear new stuff from Rush again. Based on this thought....that these are the types of honors that are given to someone who is retired.

Then again, maybe they're just stopping to smell the rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

See more of the people and the places that surround them now.

Some related SOCAN news:

October 1, 2009

SOCAN sponsors Retail Council of Canada's 2009 golf tournament

SOCAN hit the links with our friends and clients as a proud sponsor of the Retail Council of Canada's (RCC) annual golf tournament, held Sept. 24, 2009, at the Angus Glen Golf Course in Markham, Ont. The event is a fundraiser for the RCC's "Retail as a Career" scholarship program, and allowed SOCAN an opportunity to give back to its customers, especially those who do what's right for music and pay their licence fees.

Joining in a round of golf were SOCAN industry relations executive Craig Brockie; SOCAN member, rock legend and Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson; his fellow SOCAN member Andy Curran; and Thurstan Berkeley, CFO of Tilley Endurables Inc., who won the chance to tee off with Lifeson via a draw open to all attendees.

"I have participated in this tournament for the last five years, but this was the best," said Berkeley. "I was really looking forward to this one, though, because I had been chosen to golf with Alex Lifeson...Alex Lifeson!" he exclaimed.

SOCAN also sponsored the "Closer to the Heart" Closest to the Pin competition, with SOCAN prize packages (including golf supplies and SOCAN promotional items) presented by Lifeson and Brockie to four lucky winners. SOCAN also donated a Gibson Epiphone electric guitar, signed by Lifeson, for the event's silent auction. This was the top-selling item, which was purchased by Ron Bastine of ADT Security Services Canada.

Archived