LA VILLA ???????

BassLik

Hi everyone, can anyone here tell me where i can find the synth patch sample sounds to the intro of La Villa, the flutey sound in the intro, and the high pitch whitle sound in the lead section? got with a couple of old jamming buddies i haven't seen in a long while and we got together and Jammed La Villa, i say it's a keeper and i want to overdub the keyboahttp://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gifrd parts.

QUOTE (BassLik @ Oct 1 2009, 08:33 PM)
Hi everyone, can anyone here tell me where i can find the synth patch sample sounds to the intro of La Villa, the flutey sound in the intro, and the high pitch whitle sound in the lead section? got with a couple of old jamming buddies i haven't seen in a long while and we got together and Jammed La Villa, i say it's a keeper and i want to overdub the keyboahttp://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/2.gifrd parts.

It sounds like an organ played in a high octave in the beginning of La Villa. At least to me. I don't hear a flute. In the lead I am not sure. Are you sure it's not Alex using the volume pedal?

I'm almost 100% sure those keyboard fills in La Villa Strangiato are Mini Moog and Oberheim synths. Are you looking for a keyboard to play them real time or do you want to sample them and trigger the fill? This video ought to help you see how they played it in the old days before MIDI and sound sampling.

Most modern keyboard have these sounds already loaded in them . It's a lot faster then the old days of tweeking the LFOs,Wave shapes , attack , decay and sustain.I have a Roland Fantom X7 and I can recreate these sounds very fast with minimal tweeking to the evelopes like attack and sustain . Also with that synthesizer I can load these fills and play them by pushing a pad instead of a key.If you have recording software with a softsynth ( a software synthesizer) they should have patches pretty close to the old synths already loaded in .

QUOTE (patjnev @ Oct 2 2009, 10:29 PM)
I'm almost 100% sure those keyboard fills in La Villa Strangiato are Mini Moog and Oberheim synths. Are you looking for a keyboard to play them real time or do you want to sample them and trigger the fill? This video ought to help you see how they played it in the old days before MIDI and sound sampling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSWzK4nKQA

Most modern keyboard have these sounds already loaded in them . It's a lot faster then the old days of tweeking the LFOs,Wave shapes , attack , decay and sustain.I have a Roland Fantom X7 and I can recreate these sounds very fast with minimal tweeking to the evelopes like attack and sustain . Also with that synthesizer I can load these fills and play them by pushing a pad instead of a key.If you have recording software with a softsynth ( a software synthesizer) they should have patches pretty close to the old synths already loaded in .

Love that vid!

There are atleast four parts going on in that intro, good stuff! In order of appearance - a sustained backing chord, mid-range droning notes (with 'cat meow' filter sweeps), low bass notes (also meowing), and that silly high lead part.

Going by the Hemispheres tour footage, we have the following:

- Backing chord - Geddy on Oberheim 8-voice (the only polyphonic tool available)

- Mid-range notes - Geddy on Taurus pedals ('Variables' section)

- Low bass notes - Alex on Taurus pedals ('Variables' section)

- High lead part - Geddy on Oberheim 8-voice

The record also has what sounds like a clean bass drone, distinct from the parts mentioned above. Not sure who/what this is, but I would guess a Taurus with the filter cutoff set low.

LeChuck

QUOTE (LeChuck @ Jul 18 2010, 12:26 PM)
There are atleast four parts going on in that intro, good stuff! In order of appearance - a sustained backing chord, mid-range droning notes (with 'cat meow' filter sweeps), low bass notes (also meowing), and that silly high lead part.

Going by the Hemispheres tour footage, we have the following:
- Backing chord - Geddy on Oberheim 8-voice (the only polyphonic tool available)
- Mid-range notes - Geddy on Taurus pedals ('Variables' section)
- Low bass notes - Alex on Taurus pedals ('Variables' section)
- High lead part - Geddy on Oberheim 8-voice

The record also has what sounds like a clean bass drone, distinct from the parts mentioned above. Not sure who/what this is, but I would guess a Taurus with the filter cutoff set low.

LeChuck

Ok folks I updated what I think is a correct patch for the intro flute snth, before I had a string snth that just didn't sound right, but this one is closer to my ears? http://www.myspace.com/basslik/music/playlists

Also we are ready to lay down the intro high pitch snth for Madrigal and my library just don't cut, does anyone have a wav sample?, I can just import into my ASR10. THANK YOU