No Manifesto

GeddysMullet

Hello,

As a few of you already know, I'm nearly done making a film about Welsh rock band Manic Street Preachers. We hope to be premiering the film some time this fall. Here are a couple of trailers for it.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/wibblywobblypro/th_NMOpenHiRez.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/wibblywobblypro/th_NMPOTFTRAILER.jpg

Rush fans may remember the Manics from the interview they did with Alex and Geddy for Classic Rock magazine in 2007. Alex and Geddy make a cameo in this film! But aside from that it's a cool rockin' quasi-experimental super-fun music film in its own right, so I hope to soon be providing news on where and when people can check it out.

Watch this space!

Edited by GeddysMullet

It surely is one kick-ass film yes.gif

Very imformative too! I had no idea who the Manic Street Preachers were until I saw it and now I want to go see them when they tour the states biggrin.gif

The film is chock full of Rush references and appearances and whatnot and the band is very cool. I totally enjoyed it.

Great job Mullet! trink39.gif

Pin-worthy!

Nice job, GM!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 11 2009, 12:08 AM)
That's awesome GM! Hopefully I'll have a chance to check it out! Good luck!

Is Richey Edwards discussed in this doc? His disappearance awhile back in the 90's was and still quite a mystery.

Richey Edwards is included in the documentary, yes, but sorry to say I have not solved the mystery! Nor does the film dwell on it, because there simply is no new information. I don't think anyone will ever find out for sure what really happened. I've always admired the remaining members of the Manics for the dignity and grace with which they've handled that situation over the years.

Jack, thanks very much for the pin! I'll be sure to update as soon as I have any news.

I've posted up an outtake from the film that features Rush! Please check it out at

While you're at it, check out the rest of our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/NoManifestoFilm cool.gif

Edited by GeddysMullet

I feel very priviliged to have been invited to the special pre-screening in Toronto last month.

Please advise when the film becomes commercially available.

smile.gif

I attended the screening in NYC last night, and it's definately three thumbs up ! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif <-(add a third one in there)

A very structured and well balanced film. Makes me want to buy some albums and go see them! MANICS! 653.gif

Great job, Mullet and Kurt! trink39.gif