Too Much Soda Causes Paralysis

baxtrice

Its extremely bad for you and is becoming a major replacement for sugar which I despise. Sometimes aspartame in gum even gives me headaches. ITS NOT GOOD FOR YOU. My mom's cousin used to drink cases of aspartame drinks a day and she died from a brain tumor. The doctors said it had a lot to do with the chemical formula in her brain and it involved the aspartame.

I'll take sugar over aspartame anyday. I'de rather have rotting teeth than a migraine headache and brain tumor.

QUOTE (baxtrice @ May 20 2009, 11:58 AM)
Doctors warn that drinking too much soda causes paralysis

I'm just as guilty of this; because grabbing a can of soda out of the fridge is much more appealing than a glass of water, but this is something to think about for next time.

I used to drink three or four Cokes a day and I heard about this and that soda is bad for your pancreas. I totally gave up soda this year.

Since January 1, no soda for me and I don't miss it one bit.

trink39.gif

I wish I could be that strong...but I have tremendously cut back my soda intake (two a day at home, probably three per shift at the workplace) and have started to drink much more water.

I deliberately kept track of how many bottles of Diet Dew I went through this week, just from curiosity. In seven days, I've finished off 18 2-liter bottles. At first I was sort of stunned by this, but then I broke it down, and consumption's about what I thought it was.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 18 2010, 10:19 AM)
I deliberately kept track of how many bottles of Diet Dew I went through this week, just from curiosity. In seven days, I've finished off 18 2-liter bottles. At first I was sort of stunned by this, but then I broke it down, and consumption's about what I thought it was.

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! ohmy.gif

That's 1.3 gallons of Diet Dew every day. How do you sleep?

CeeJ's cousin, Ray, is suffering many problems from soda addiction. He's been off soda for over a year now, but the problems persist. Terrible shakes, headaches, vision problems. All these were diagnosed by multiple doctors as a result of the caffeine in the large amount of soda he drank on a daily basis (LESS than Mara's).

So I don't doubt that this report is true. If soda was made with natural ingredients, maybe it's not so bad, but the shit in soda is poisonous, ESPECIALLY the diet versions. I love soda though, and being a diabetic, it's very hard to resist. I only have a bottle or two a week, compared to the five or six a day I used to have. The immediate weight loss was amazing.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 18 2010, 08:47 AM)
CeeJ's cousin, Ray, is suffering many problems from soda addiction. He's been off soda for over a year now, but the problems persist. Terrible shakes, headaches, vision problems. All these were diagnosed by multiple doctors as a result of the caffeine in the large amount of soda he drank on a daily basis (LESS than Mara's).

So I don't doubt that this report is true. If soda was made with natural ingredients, maybe it's not so bad, but the shit in soda is poisonous, ESPECIALLY the diet versions. I love soda though, and being a diabetic, it's very hard to resist. I only have a bottle or two a week, compared to the five or six a day I used to have. The immediate weight loss was amazing.

Ya.. I cut down on my soda consumption when I was starting my diet and it's been a HUGE factor in losing weight. The only time I drink soda now is when I mix it with booze.