Ultravox anyone

Wartypig

SHIT!!!! You did not! Which version? Midge, Billy, Warren, et al? I love them!

JEEBUS! I am probably the biggest Ultravox/Midge Ure fan this side of the Atlantic. I kid you not. I still play their music at least 2-3 times/week.

I would perform human sacrifice to have them tour here.

Given the rancor between Billy Currie and Midge Ure, was this just a one-off, or are there plans for the future?

I have a couple of there albums, Vienna & Lament.

Really liked Lament , new wave & art rock lush layered sound. It always reminded me of Roxy Music's Avalon. Neil said Ultravox was a influence this was around 1984 Grace Under Pressure era.

Also have really good Midge Ure solo Answers To Nothing.

Amazed also that there still around, didn't the band break up originally because of differences in direction between Midge and rest of band? I guess Midge was sort of a control freak and ego clashes.

There was lot written at the time about they hardly talked to one another those last few years of vox's existance. Cool there back together, hope tour works out kind of like Eddie and David Lee Roth of the Halen saga Currie and Ure.. pokey.gif laugh.gif

Not sure if they have anything else planned but I would strongly urge anyone to go see em if they have the chance.....

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Ultravox%2014-4-09/DSC_0590.jpg

Midge tours frequently as a solo act (only in Europe, though sad.gif ). He does perform a lot of the Ultravox favorites, and still has the voice, at least from the live footage I've seen on YouTube.

He also performs at least one of the old Visage hits: Fade To Grey. Originally sung by Steve Strange (after EXTENSIVE vocal coaching from Midge).

Control freak he may or may not have been within Ultravox, but from what I've read he is a super-nice guy who answers his fan mail and spends time chatting with fans and signing autographs after shows.

And Billy Currie is one hell of a musician as well.

Archived