Shatner's Raw Nerve

goose

Has anyone caught any episodes of Will Shatner's Raw Nerve? I'd seen ads for the show but hadn't caught it before yesterday. the structure of the show is Shatner and another start sitting face to face in easy chairs, disussing the guest's most sensitive issues.

The episodes I caught (2 back-to-back) were outstanding. First was Jimmy Kimmel discussing his divorce, follwed by Kelsey Grammer sharing about his alcoholism and the violent deaths of his father and sister. Shatner's follow up questions are dynamite, and there's plenty of good humor to lighten things up along the way.

The show kind of reminds me of the old Dick Cavett show, which I loved because of the quality and depth of discussions.

I agree Goose...it is excellent.

I have watched Shatner with Jon Voight, Valerie Bertinelli, Jenna Jameson, Tim Allen and Kelsey Grammer.

Best talk show I have ever seen since Dick Cavett for sure. Very intimate and revealing.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 30 2009, 08:57 PM)
I agree Goose...it is excellent.

I have watched Shatner with Jon Voight, Valerie Bertinelli, Jenna Jameson, Tim Allen and Kelsey Grammer.

Best talk show I have ever seen since Dick Cavett for sure. Very intimate and revealing.

It's a real rarity for something like this to be on these days. I think the SOCN crowd would appreciate it.

I've seen the ones with Tim Allen and Leonard Nimoy so far. I would have to agree, the show is very good- when I first heard that Shatner was getting his own show where he was going to interview people, I thought he might have a tendency to talk over his guests, but he dosnt at all. His questions are very thoughtful- its too bad its only half an hour, I'd love to see the footage from the interviews that they dont include in the episodes.

I saw him interview Spongebob Squarepants and thought it was amazing how incisive the questions were like, "Why a pineapple?," "Are you as goofily happy as you are on your show?," "What's Squidworth really like to work with?," "What are the real ingredients of crabby patty?" "How does one cook food underwater anyway?," etc. You know, things like that.

Seriously though, I've never heard of this show but it sounds fascinating - what network is it on?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2009, 06:19 AM)
I saw him interview Spongebob Squarepants and thought it was amazing how incisive the questions were like, "Why a pineapple?," "Are you as goofily happy as you are on your show?," "What's Squidworth really like to work with?," "What are the real ingredients of crabby patty?" "How does one cook food underwater anyway?," etc. You know, things like that.

Seriously though, I've never heard of this show but it sounds fascinating - what network is it on?

The Bio Channel, I think.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2009, 05:19 AM)

Biography. Coming up this week...

Tue, May 5

10:00 PM Leonard Nimoy

Leonard Nimoy is the guest.

Tue, May 5

10:30 PM Jon Voight

Jon Voight is the guest.

Wed, May 6

2:00 AM Leonard Nimoy

Wed, May 6

2:30 AM Jon Voight

Jon Voight is the guest.

Sun, May 10

8:00 AM Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel is the guest.

QUOTE (goose @ May 1 2009, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2009, 05:19 AM)
I saw him interview Spongebob Squarepants and thought it was amazing how incisive the questions were like, "Why a pineapple?," "Are you as goofily happy as you are on your show?," "What's Squidworth really like to work with?," "What are the real ingredients of crabby patty?" "How does one cook food underwater anyway?," etc.  You know, things like that. 

Biography. Coming up this week...

Tue, May 5

10:00 PM Leonard Nimoy

Tue, May 5

10:30 PM Jon Voight

Jon Voight is the guest.

Wed, May 6

2:00 AM Leonard Nimoy

Wed, May 6

2:30 AM Jon Voight

Jon Voight is the guest.

Sun, May 10

8:00 AM Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel is the guest.

Thanks, man!

I'll have to see if we have that channel ( confused13.gif ). If we do, I'll stick it on my dvr...

I don't get Bio, so I have to wait till they re-air episodes on A&E or buy them off of itunes.