Napolen Dynamite!!

pedro2112

love this movie..it's so popular here, too!! & what's great about that is, there's no cursing, no sex or mention of it, & VERY little violence..& even the violence is hilarious!!

"Break the wrist and walk away. Break the wrist, walk away."

pedro, did you see the wedding? it's after the credits, if you hadn't you should SO watch it!! laugh.gif

One of my favorite movies ever.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 5 2005, 12:49 PM)
I guess the previews just didn't appeal to me.

oh man, don't trust the previews. they SUCK. i saw the movie, then saw the previews, & they didn't represent the movie at all!! they were so boring & made the movie seem like a waste of time. hope you see & enjoy it!! smile.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Mar 5 2005, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 5 2005, 12:49 PM)
I guess the previews just didn't appeal to me.

oh man, don't trust the previews. they SUCK. i saw the movie, then saw the previews, & they didn't represent the movie at all!! they were so boring & made the movie seem like a waste of time. hope you see & enjoy it!! smile.gif

thanks. I'll do that. smile.gif

this is Kipland Ronald Dynamite, as portrayed in the film..

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/9679/napoleondynamite.jpg

this is the actor who plays Kip..

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/sundance/sundance_film_festival_2004_photos/aaron_ruell/sundance.jpg

drool1.gif i knew he was sexy! wub.gif

Ok, I went to Blockbuster and rented Napoleon Dynamite. And tonight me and Mrs. Snowdog sat down to watch it. I not only had the TRF seal of approval, but several friends recommended this movie highly as well. Maybe with all of the rave reviews my expectations were too high. The movie was amusing and funny at times, but I just don't see myself wanting to watch this one again. What am I missing??? What am I not seeing that everyone else sees and loves??? I'm starting to get a complex about this because the same thing happened with "Snatch". Everyone raved about it and I was like, ok, that killed a couple of hours. Am I that much of a stick in the mud? Do I just not "get it"? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 11 2005, 11:16 PM)
Ok, I went to Blockbuster and rented Napoleon Dynamite. And tonight me and Mrs. Snowdog sat down to watch it. I not only had the TRF seal of approval, but several friends recommended this movie highly as well. Maybe with all of the rave reviews my expectations were too high. The movie was amusing and funny at times, but I just don't see myself wanting to watch this one again. What am I missing??? What am I not seeing that everyone else sees and loves??? I'm starting to get a complex about this because the same thing happened with "Snatch". Everyone raved about it and I was like, ok, that killed a couple of hours. Am I that much of a stick in the mud? Do I just not "get it"? confused13.gif

Watch it again, then you'll understand.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 11 2005, 10:16 PM)

It's so stupid that it's funny. Well, kind of funny. I think people like it because there's a kid like that in every town.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Mar 11 2005, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 11 2005, 11:16 PM)
Ok, I went to Blockbuster and rented Napoleon Dynamite. And tonight me and Mrs. Snowdog sat down to watch it. I not only had the TRF seal of approval, but several friends recommended this movie highly as well. Maybe with all of the rave reviews my expectations were too high. The movie was amusing and funny at times, but I just don't see myself wanting to watch this one again. What am I missing??? What am I not seeing that everyone else sees and loves??? I'm starting to get a complex about this because the same thing happened with "Snatch". Everyone raved about it and I was like, ok, that killed a couple of hours. Am I that much of a stick in the mud? Do I just not "get it"?  confused13.gif

Watch it again, then you'll understand.

Yeah.

It's a very avante garde artistic movie.

It is too deep to understand in one viewing. What happens is that it is so f***in intense and rife with psychological innuendos, that your brain will go into a fugue state.

Repeated viewings are akin to conditioning the brain.

You didn't learn to read in a day?

Carry on.

AlienSmiley.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 11 2005, 10:16 PM)
Everyone raved about it and I was like, ok, that killed a couple of hours. Am I that much of a stick in the mud? Do I just not "get it"? confused13.gif

naw dude, i didn't think i wanted to watch it again after the first time..but..one day we were bored in class, & this one dude got the teacher to turn on Napoleon Dynamite, & it was much better.

i think it gets better the second time if you watch it with different people..so you can be like 'oh, this is my favorite part!!' &..you know!! ND is one of those movies that gets better with repeated viewings. laugh.gif