Frost*

The Owl

After hearing some samples, having songs by this band come up on Pandora (on a DT station), having several of my prog resources reccomend this band....... I have finally ordered this bands first album. "Milliontown"

I am looking foward to this album, and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this band?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 16 2009, 01:01 PM)
After hearing some samples, having songs by this band come up on Pandora (on a DT station), having several of my prog resources reccomend this band....... I have finally ordered this bands first album.  "Milliontown" 

I am looking foward to this album, and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this band?

Dude, I've posted about them before. smile.gif

Great band. The CD you picked up is by far the better of the two releases they have, IMO. Pick up Kino - Picture too. John Mitchell is my new hero and he plays in both those bands, as well as It Bites and Arena.

Now, if you really get into new Prog coming out, you must start listening to the streams over at The Dividing Line. You will have a great time discovering new artists.

I am checking out this band with free MP3s right now.

www.solstice.co.il

Solstice Coil

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 17 2009, 02:27 AM)
I too have Kino... as well as a couple of the Arena cd's

Im am just checking this out.

Yes they are excellent - saw them live (and met some of them in the bar after the gig smile.gif ) earlier this year and hoping to see them in June.

They are the band supporting Dream Theater in Leeds that I mentioned on the DT thread.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 3 2010, 07:19 PM)
I finally picked up "Experiments in Mass Appeal".....

Great CD, but Milliontown is much better...

I hope for future releases by this band.

I too hope for more releases from this band. EIMA is still just 3.5 of 5 stars. Milliontown is 5 of 5.

I checked out the live ROSFest release with Nick D'Virgilio on drums. Wow! These guys are awesome live. Not to mention, the Intro created for this show was funny as hell. This Jem Godfrey guy is amazingly creative.

And a slight change, EIMA was a slow grow for me, but now I really like it.

I am a TOTAL Frost*ie!! Jem Godfrey is amazing...

For those in the UK, get your buns to one of these shows! Never have seen them live in person due to that whole ocean thing, but from my ears they are a terrific show and display of musicianship. I'd push someone down the stairs to see the DVD filming in Derby on the 6th... cool.gif

Frost* are playing :

Islington 02 Academy 2 in London on Friday December 3rd

Manchester Academy 3 on Saturday 4th December

The Robin In Bilston on Sunday December 5th

There is also the filming of the live DVD on Monday December 6th.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/5036947220_b9f4000dac.jpg

PS - Milliontown is pure gold. Get it if you don't have it!

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Nov 25 2010, 11:51 AM)
There is also the filming of the live DVD on Monday December 6th.

From the clips I've seen on YouTube, I hope their live DVD turns out well. Jem is a character on stage.

I think that "Milliontown" is a fantastic album, especially the epic title track but I found "Experiments in Mass Appeal" a bit of a let down. I don't think that it's a bad album. It's just that I was maybe expecting too much after such a stunning debut.

QUOTE (Imaginos @ Nov 25 2010, 11:01 AM)
I think that "Milliontown" is a fantastic album, especially the epic title track but I found "Experiments in Mass Appeal" a bit of a let down. I don't think that it's a bad album. It's just that I was maybe expecting too much after such a stunning debut.

I agree with that assesment... The bar was pretty highly set after Milliontown. EiMA does have some stellar tracks on it for certain, but it is not end to end rock solid like its predecessor for sure! It did take some warming up to as previously mentioned in this thread, but its goodness far outweighs its not goodness... wink.gif

Check out the track 'The Dividing Line'... It is Frost*ylicious. smile.gif It can be found at (no coincidence) thedividingline.com and probably broken into two parts at one Frost* home or another (myspaycce, etc.). It is in two parts because it is 17 minutes long! I have it somewhere, and perhaps I can create a WAV copy if you can't dig it up. Otherwise, it is a bonus on 'The Philadelphia Experiment' which is the last Frost* release which is a live show...

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Nov 25 2010, 12:16 PM)
Check out the track 'The Dividing Line'... It is Frost*ylicious. smile.gif It can be found at (no coincidence) thedividingline.com and probably broken into two parts at one Frost* home or another (myspaycce, etc.). It is in two parts because it is 17 minutes long! I have it somewhere, and perhaps I can create a WAV copy if you can't dig it up. Otherwise, it is a bonus on 'The Philadelphia Experiment' which is the last Frost* release which is a live show...

Is that track just Jem though? I didn't hear much of the rest of the band. Oh, and thanks to The Dividing Line Broadcast Network, I found Frost*. common001.gif

Related somewhat to Frost, more to Kino, It Bites has a new release called Map of the Past. As you may know, John Mitchell, both of Frost and Kino, is a major contributor to the writing of the second It Bites release with him as part of the line up. Also part of It Bites and Kino is John Beck. If you are familiar with the last release, Tall Ships, your will release it is not a far reach to call it the best thing next to a Kino release. This is due out soon and there is a brief review on YSTEJam.com.

Link

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Mar 14 2012, 02:01 PM)
I love Frost*. Milliontown is one of my favorite albums ever. Black Light Machine is one of the coolest songs ever.

Check out Experiments in Mass Appeal then too. I love both Frost releases.