The movie quote game.

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 31 2004, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 30 2004, 02:43 PM)
'I know you did see that once upon the Lupercal I did thrice present him with a kingly crown, which he did thrice refuse.'

New day, new quote:

'There's a hole in my life. My ladyfriend left me.'

Today I shall offer a hint. One of the stars of this movie currently stars in an enormously popular sitcom.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 1 2005, 12:24 PM)
'I know you did see that once upon the Lupercal I did thrice present him with a kingly crown, which he did thrice refuse.'

New day, new quote:

Today I shall offer a hint. One of the stars of this movie currently stars in an enormously popular sitcom.

This movie doesn't seem to fit those quotes, but "Welcome to Mooseport?" (Ray Romano)

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 1 2005, 03:45 PM)

New day, new quote:

This movie doesn't seem to fit those quotes, but "Welcome to Mooseport?" (Ray Romano)

Nope. Sorry.

New day, new quote:

Sorry I was negilgent in my duties yesterday. I was quite busy. Here's a quote and a hint.

Quote: Character one: "You're not vain!" Character two: "Thanks man, I appreciate that." Character one: "You're just shallow."

Hint: one of the actors appearing in this film was also in the movie 'Swingers', but it's not Vince Vaughn or John Favreau.

[Edited to fix a typo in the last quote.]

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 3 2005, 08:58 AM)

New day, new quote:

Sorry I was negilgent in my duties yesterday. I was quite busy. Here's a quote and a hint.

Quote: Character one: "You're not vain!" Character two: "Thanks man, I appreciate that." Character one: "You're just shallow."

Hint: one of the actors appearing in this film was also in the movie 'Swingers', but it's not Vince Vaughn or John Favreau.

[Edited to fix a typo in the last quote.]

Office Space (based on Ron Livingston in Swingers and Jennifer Aniston in Friends - nice clues!)

Edited by Bastille Night

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Jan 3 2005, 02:52 PM)
Office Space (based on Ron Livingston in Swingers and Jennifer Aniston in Friends - nice clues!)

Sorry, but no. Good try, though!

stab in the dark...Roxanne the one with Steve Martin? Geez, I know I'm gonna regret this.....

QUOTE (debe @ Jan 3 2005, 05:03 PM)
stab in the dark...Roxanne the one with Steve Martin? Geez, I know I'm gonna regret this.....

Terribly sorry, but no.

Today's quote (1/4/05): "I'm not really a jerk, you know. I'm just misunderstood. A lot of great men are."

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 4 2005, 11:17 AM)

Today's quote (1/4/05): "I'm not really a jerk, you know. I'm just misunderstood. A lot of great men are."

Still no takers? OK, here's another hint: one of the members of the supporting cast of this movie was also a member of the supporting cast in a wildly popular film from the '90's and this person also starred in a popular sketch comedy show.

Still no takers? OK, here's another hint: one of the members of the supporting cast of this movie was also a member of the supporting cast in a wildly popular film from the '90's and this person also starred in a popular sketch comedy show.

OK, I'm offering one more hint and if no one guesses it I will divulge the answer tomorrow and post a new quote from a new movie. I was looking for a good stumper, and elicited the help of my uber-geek brother-in-law (yes, I have seen the movie, too. It was pretty good and rather funny). He's the one who has been supplying the quotes and hints. Here's the latest: One of the stars of this movie starred in a hugely popular television show that still airs today and enjoys a tremendous following.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 6 2005, 01:08 PM)

OK, I'm offering one more hint and if no one guesses it I will divulge the answer tomorrow and post a new quote from a new movie. I was looking for a good stumper, and elicited the help of my uber-geek brother-in-law (yes, I have seen the movie, too. It was pretty good and rather funny). He's the one who has been supplying the quotes and hints. Here's the latest: One of the stars of this movie starred in a hugely popular television show that still airs today and enjoys a tremendous following.

The movie was 'Free Enterprise'. OK, the next person in here can post a quote. I've monopolized this for long enough.

Ok let's kick start this thread. Drumnut's comment in another thread reminded me of a classic line of a classic comedy from the early 70's.

"I know what you mean mister. I hate it when my igneous rocks are even touched."

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Feb 19 2005, 01:14 AM)
Oh my god I'm so sorry! I completely forgot about this thread! doh.gif I offer all of you my most sincere apologies.

You know, it is I who should apologize Rush Guru. I should have gotten your attention first before throwing my line in. Forgive me.