Rush Inspired Abstract

baxtrice

This is an abstract drawing I did last semester for my drawing class. It was done in Charcoal. It's too big to be scanned I took a photo of it with my cellphone.

It was inspired by the song "Grand Designs". Thought you guys would enjoy it. smile.gif

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt179/faye_faye09/boardstuff/grand_designs.jpg

great job, Baxtrice. smile.gif

I love drawing the charcoal. It can be a bit cumbersome at times, but it produces great values.

It reminds me graffitti.

You don't use much tones bewteen light and shadow (medium grey, dark grey and light grey); you prefer the basic black & white. It brings my attention and it works for your intent. biggrin.gif

I need to see more charcoal drawings. Make a series, baxtrice. cool.gif

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Mar 5 2009, 09:32 PM)
This is an abstract drawing I did last semester for my drawing class. It was done in Charcoal. It's too big to be scanned I took a photo of it with my cellphone.

It was inspired by the song "Grand Designs". Thought you guys would enjoy it. smile.gif

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt179/faye_faye09/boardstuff/grand_designs.jpg

holy!! thats amazing! ohmy.gif you never told me you could draw dazed025.gif !

QUOTE (baxtrice @ Mar 5 2009, 09:32 PM)

Im so loving that Baxtie!!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 5 2009, 10:54 PM)
great job, Baxtrice. smile.gif

I love drawing the charcoal. It can be a bit cumbersome at times, but it produces great values.

Thanks, I've never used charcoal before last semester. I absolutely adore the wonderful tonal qualities it produces. But I hate the mess it makes. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 19 2009, 09:28 PM)
trink38.gif far out!  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif

Thanks Roli! wub.gif

QUOTE (rhyv @ Mar 19 2009, 09:30 PM)
It reminds me graffitti.

You don't use much tones bewteen light and shadow (medium grey, dark grey and light grey); you prefer the basic black & white. It brings my attention and it works for your intent. biggrin.gif

I need to see more charcoal drawings. Make a series, baxtrice.  cool.gif

I would love to do some more charcoal work, I just need more time. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog92 @ Mar 29 2009, 12:24 PM)

holy!! thats amazing!  ohmy.gif  you never told me you could draw dazed025.gif !

laugh.gif Yeah, quite a surprise for me too that it came out so well. cool.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 4 2009, 05:12 PM)

Im so loving that Baxtie!!!!  biggrin.gif

Thanks YBT! trink39.gif

QUOTE (mfratt @ Apr 4 2009, 05:19 PM)
Charcoal is awesome to draw with! Great piece too!

Thanks, this was the first time I ever used charcoal. I need to do another piece.