Is it Spring yet

nettiesaur

You said it! I can't stand winter-wear. Coats are the worst. And having to wear big sweatpants and sweatshirts around home. I like wearing yoga capris and t shirts around the house. And I have to wear sometimes three layers when I go out running. I am so done with all this heavy winter wearing gear. Bring on spring!

I must be the only person here who prefers my winter wardrobe. unsure.gif 'Course, I don't have to deal with things like snow boots (do people still call them galoshes?)

I have a serious sweater addiction and love snuggling up into, say, a nice fisherman's knit sweater. And I have cool winter jackets: a fitted Harley motorcycle jacket, a leather bomber, and if it's really, really cold, I have my thinsulate Land's End parka.

One of my favorite looks in cold weather is a black turtleneck, dark blue skinny jeans, and my Harley jacket. If I may say so, I think I look rather cool in this ensemble!

Dressing for spring here can be tricky. Often you need long sleeves in the morning, but it's 78 degrees by noon and then you're hot.

I always get spring fashion fever this time of year. I get sick of all my stuff:

sweaters

coats/gloves/scarves

wearing black and grey constantly (and other dark colors)

not being able to wear cute shoes or, yes, carrying them separately to work.

It's this time of year I try to incorporate some color into my wardrobe. Or some new springgy pieces layered with winter ones, like cardigans.

I thought we were going to get some spring now, but no such luck.

We're supposed to get 5 to 7 inches of snow Wednesday. I guess my biggest gripe is trying to get 25 squirmy 6 year olds into their snow gear 3 or 4 times a day. (yes you do have to wear your snow pants with your boots, go get the hat you wore this morning, if you get in the line I can tie your scarf, etc.) They were getting pretty fast, but now they are out of practice. wacko.gif

I'm tired of my sweaters,my winter coat, and boots. I want to wear a skirt once in a while, but it's too cold yet. sad.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 15 2009, 03:58 PM)
I want to wear a skirt once in a while, but it's too cold yet. sad.gif

Wear tights! That's what I do, sometimes I'm warmer that way, or at least more comfortable.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 15 2009, 08:07 PM)

Wear tights! That's what I do, sometimes I'm warmer that way, or at least more comfortable.

That doesn't work when I have recess duty. Brrr!

It has to be pants and long johns. laugh.gif

Double pairs of socks.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Feb 16 2009, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 15 2009, 08:07 PM)

That doesn't work when I have recess duty. Brrr!

It has to be pants and long johns. laugh.gif

Double pairs of socks.

Not a problem for me! I hate skirts; haven't worn a dress since my own wedding. ohmy.gif That's nearly six years.

Wouldn't mind donning a pair of shorts, though.

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 7 2009, 08:56 AM)
I must be the only person here who prefers my winter wardrobe.  unsure.gif  'Course, I don't have to deal with things like snow boots (do people still call them galoshes?) 
I have a serious sweater addiction and love snuggling up into, say, a nice fisherman's knit sweater.  And I have cool winter jackets: a fitted Harley motorcycle jacket, a leather bomber, and if it's really, really cold, I have my thinsulate Land's End parka.

One of my favorite looks in cold weather is a black turtleneck, dark blue skinny jeans, and my Harley jacket.  If I may say so, I think I look rather cool in this ensemble!

Dressing for spring here can be tricky.  Often you need long sleeves in the morning, but it's 78 degrees by noon and then you're hot.

I also prefer my winter clothes. A good part of that is because in summertime I get so sweaty, and I hate wearing more revealing clothes because I'm very self conscious. eh.gif

In my opinion, dark straight leg jeans, classic black and white converse, and a goodwill 80s shirt is soooo much better than shorts and a baggy t-shirt...eh. confused13.gif

Archived