Miami Dolphins 2008/9 Season Thread

Huck

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 4 2009, 04:22 PM)
The Fish will have the toughest schedule in 2009...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/0...ins-to-hav.html

doh.gif

I expect the Fins to have an even stronger team next season, but even without knowing the schedule I don't expect them to win as many games next season. The Pats will be back with a vengance!

Thanks for the info Rick. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Feb 5 2009, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 4 2009, 04:22 PM)
The Fish will have the toughest schedule in 2009...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/0...ins-to-hav.html

doh.gif

I expect the Fins to have an even stronger team next season, but even without knowing the schedule I don't expect them to win as many games next season. The Pats will be back with a vengance!

Thanks for the info Rick. trink39.gif

Plus you won't be sneaking up on anyone next year. 10-6 and a wild card is my prediction. That is if you can get in with a 10-6 record! unsure.gif

ttt

This is the best season that the Fins have had since the turn of the century.

They were boosted that year by playing the AFC West and NFC West, the two worst divisions in football that year.

Some things change in just six years time, others don't...we still suck. (Actually, the Fins sucked that year too, they just beat a bunch of bad teams by less than a TD.)

Bumping old threads now looking for a morsel of comfort for the coming season? :hi:

Nah, I was just looking through the online list and someone was browsing it. I didn't even know it existed before that.

I think we used up all our luck that year for the next 10, just to get to the playoffs by beating a bunch of bad teams. I think I'll go puke now....

Bumping old threads now looking for a morsel of comfort for the coming season? :hi:

Nah, I was just looking through the online list and someone was browsing it. I didn't even know it existed before that.

I think we used up all our luck that year for the next 10, just to get to the playoffs by beating a bunch of bad teams. I think I'll go puke now....

Was that the year Brady was injured?

Was that the year Brady was injured?

Yup.

Cool. I remember this season for the Fins.

I thought about bumping the thread for the last great season the Lions had... but that one was posted in 1957. :|

They did beat Dallas in the playoffs to get to the conference final in 91...that doesn't count?

I thought about bumping the thread for the last great season the Lions had... but that one was posted in 1957. :|

They did beat Dallas in the playoffs to get to the conference final in 91...that doesn't count?

Yeah, that was by far the best season I was actually alive for.

Though, while they definitely played their hearts out that year, there was some luck involved too, the same sort the Fins had in '08 (not the toughest schedule, a few fortunate bounces of the ball, fluky comebacks, close wins over bad teams, etc.). Strong teams that could pass the ball well (Redskins, 49ers) absolutely pounded them. They were 12-4 that year, but haven't been better than 10-6 since.

Though, while they definitely played their hearts out that year, there was some luck involved too, the same sort the Fins had in '08 (not the toughest schedule, a few fortunate bounces of the ball, fluky comebacks, close wins over bad teams, etc.). Strong teams that could pass the ball well (Redskins, 49ers) absolutely pounded them. They were 12-4 that year, but haven't been better than 10-6 since.

And you got to watch Barry Sanders in his prime (actually for his whole career)...just like I got to watch Marino for his whole career...both transcendent talents....

:clap:

• Like 1

And you got to watch Barry Sanders in his prime (actually for his whole career)...just like I got to watch Marino for his whole career...both transcendent talents....

Yeah, it's a little sad to think that players quite like that are never going to come along again, and it's too bad they couldn't win the big one, but we were so fortunate to get to see them in action and root for them.

Did you ever get to see Marino live? The first Lions game I actually attended wasn't until a year or two after Barry retired.

Yeah, it's a little sad to think that players quite like that are never going to come along again, and it's too bad they couldn't win the big one, but we were so fortunate to get to see them in action and root for them.

Did you ever get to see Marino live? The first Lions game I actually attended wasn't until a year or two after Barry retired.

Yup. Marino vs Favre. The Legend vs the gunslinger.

OK, maybe I oversold it a bit. It was an exhibition. Dan played one series (a three and out) and Favre played two. Not the stuff of legends.