Rounder Rumor Quashed!

Maestro

Rush managment (Ray Daniels?) has announced that their contract with Atlantic consists of AT LEASE two more releases -one of which includes a twentieth-anniversary-compilation-release from their time with Atalantic, dating back to Presto (this we knew...)

But the thing is that the other release is a DEFINATE Studio Album as per the terms of their contract with Atlantic.

Believe it; it's true.

Maybe Rush & Rounder will get into bed together sometime in the future, but as it stands, Rush stays with Atlantic.

This breaking news has been brought to you courtesy of Maestro. 1022.gif

III.

here is the obligatory...........................

link?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 22 2008, 06:14 PM)
here is the obligatory...........................
link?

This news was released to Radio this morning; and, I heard it myself at 12:45 pm PST during the Classic Rock Block on 93.3 FM; Redding, California.

I am focusing on two words. . .studioalbumstudioalbumstudioalbum.

YESSSSSS!!!! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

To be followed by (we fervently hope) tourtourtourtour!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 22 2008, 10:08 PM)
No offence, but is there any other source available?

I looked on RIAB, the go-to source. Nothing yet.

Can anyone confirm this? I sure hope it's true. 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Maestro @ Aug 23 2008, 02:04 AM)
But the thing is that the other release is a DEFINATE Studio Album as per the terms of their contract with Atlantic.

YYEEEAAAHH!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Emotes/hysterical.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 23 2008, 06:18 AM)
Wow! Rush staying with Atlantic and NOT going to Rounder! This means... this means...

Well, as far as I can see, it doesn't mean anything. no.gif confused13.gif

laugh.gif

well, I talked with Neil this morning and he say's it's all horse shit. They are not going to stay with Atlantic nor will they sign with Rounder.

Their new recording contract is with Elektra. They will be taking time off to spend with their loved ones and will probably begin writing around late summer or early fall.

QUOTE (Maestro @ Aug 22 2008, 06:19 PM)
This news was released to Radio this morning; and, I heard it myself at 12:45 pm PST during the Classic Rock Block on 93.3 FM; Redding, California...

III.

After having crusied The Internet for a couple of hours, I cannot yet confirm this; HOWEVER...

I registered with KHRD-FM, Red 103.1 and 93.3 (local FM) and emailed one Don Wilson -The DJ who aired this tidbit- and asked him for confirmation and sources.

Still awaiting his reply.

If and when this information becomes re-substantiated, I will pass it on in the form of links and sources.

III.

QUOTE (Maestro @ Aug 23 2008, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (Maestro @ Aug 22 2008, 06:19 PM)
This news was released to Radio this morning; and, I heard it myself at 12:45 pm PST during the Classic Rock Block on 93.3 FM; Redding, California...

III.

After having crusied The Internet for a couple of hours, I cannot yet confirm this; HOWEVER...

I registered with KHRD-FM, Red 103.1 and 93.3 (local FM) and emailed one Don Wilson -The DJ who aired this tidbit- and asked him for confirmation and sources.

Still awaiting his reply.

If and when this information becomes re-substantiated, I will pass it on in the form of links and sources.

III.

Gracias, maestro.

Archived