Neils snare de-tuned...

druid13

has anyone else noticed how Neil's snare de-tunes during a portion of his solo... sounding like a lug slipped or a head pulled on him?

Check out right at 4:54...there is a definite sudden pitch drop with his snare.....

QUOTE (druid13 @ Jul 28 2008, 01:14 PM)
has anyone else noticed how Neil's snare de-tunes during a portion of his solo... sounding like a lug slipped or a head pulled on him?

Check out right at 4:54...there is a definite sudden pitch drop with his snare.....

Could be the editing........they may have taken parts from the solo both nights........hence the slight diffference in tuning........

I think it detuned....as it would be a really tough place to make an edit...even with todays technology....check it out though interesting.

Not sure what to make of the cowbell section of the solo...

QUOTE (druid13 @ Jul 28 2008, 01:41 PM)
I think it detuned....as it would be a really tough place to make an edit...even with todays technology....check it out though interesting.

I love the cowbell segment! yes.gif

Nah...I don't think it was edited....I really think it detuned either by a slipping lug or a head that went out...it happens I've had it happen to me before while recording.

In this case it suddenly drops about a whole step in pitch...you can hear it once you know where I am talking about. Not a big deal but I noticed the other day when listening.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 28 2008, 02:20 PM)

yes.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 28 2008, 06:17 PM)
now that he's older he has to tune down a bit since he just can't hit them the way he used to.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

His sticks went out of tune.

It is right at (EDIT) 5 :54.....Neil is playing the crossover stuff.....and it drops in pitch...like I said no big deal...snares do detune sometimes...but when I hear it it immediately jumped out at me because I play and practice and listen costantly to my drums tonality.....and I do the same when listening to others play.

I have DW drums...Remo Drums...and a Pork Pie snare also. I had the Pork Pie detune once in the studio...it's actually really sensitive tuning wise and I have had it drop down by the end of some gigs as well.

Its definitely there. Its kinda funny how opinions change. When this was first brought up when the CD came out, the general opinion was that it was edited, now we think its a detune. Personally, I bet its a detune, that would be tough to edit cleanly.

i like the cowbell segment from the 80"s better trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 29 2008, 04:45 PM)

Oh yeah, The Rhythm Method is still my favorite of his solos. But De Slagwerker is close!

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 29 2008, 05:45 PM)

I want him to bring that part back so badly!

Archived