Our trip to Detroit for Rush...

Cygnus The God Of Balance

Well I've not been on TRF for about 2 weeks. I went to see 2.gif in Detroit on 6/10, then spent the rest of last week getting ready for my trip which I'm currently on in Arlington, TX for my cousin Emily's wedding. I finally had some down time, so thought I'd say hey.

Rush was awesome. We got to go backstage (again...I know) and we took our 10 year old daughter Holly to the show for her birthday. Here's a pic from the M & G:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb299/rock101dotnet/RushMG1.jpg

When we walked up to see Al & Ged, I told them Holly was celebrating her 10th birthday by coming to her first Rush concert. Alex said "I think I have a birthday present for you Holly" and pulled a pick from his pocket and gave it to her. Very cool. Holly told Geddy that it was my 10th Rush concert and he said to her "Ten concerts? That's kind of hardcore don't you think Holly?"

It was an awesome time. Everyone who was there for the M & G clapped for Holly's birthday. And of course the show was awesome and we got to see Ladi, Digi (glad you got a pair of sticks), Sundog, TMD, Chaotica and many other great TRF 'hardcore fans' too.

You can tell in the picture I'm wearing the tshirts we designed last summer to give to Michael and Neil which got me a pair of sticks.

So anyway, after we got back home the next day after the show, I didn't have much time to write about our concert experience.

I flew out of Flint Wednesday to Detroit, then from Detroit to Dallas. When I left my home way up north in Sault Ste. Marie it was 47F outside. When I arrived in Dallas that night it was 94F; I've never experienced a temperature 'double' quite like that before. The closest I've got to that was a warm up from 5F to 10F.

Wow! Wow! WOW! smile.gif How great was that? Your daughter Holly must be so happy. That's quite the experience for a 10-year-old. You can tell from the M&G picture that she's really happy! So nice of Alex to give her a pick too!

Cyg how lucky the three of you were and great pic of your M and G. trink39.gif

You are lucky, man! And your daughter got a pick from Lerxst... congrats! applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived