Rush on American Idol

Jag2112

QUOTE (Mongo @ Feb 2 2006, 05:53 PM)
If I remember correctly, the auditioners must sing a cappella. Do you think if someone did like 2112 or Tom Sawyer, would they do the guitar riffs or drum fills?

Maybe a Brazilian contestant could sing YYZ. wink.gif

I might have said Roger would have spat on Simon on a Pink Floyd forum. I used to be on A**hole OnLine's Rush forum until I got banned from AOL for life!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 2 2006, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Feb 1 2006, 11:17 PM)
Rush and Pink Floyd would not ever be on American Idol. If Geddy Lee or Roger Waters appeared and were told off by Simon I know Waters would tell Cowell to go f**k off!

you posted this exactly ONE YEAR after the last post in this thread! ohmy.gif

But who's counting?? oops.gif

I try to catch the first tryouts (or the special 'review' of all the bad ones that season), but I'm not interested after that. However, I've often thought about someone sing a Rush song in try-outs.

Since we all "kind of" agree here, let me pose this question to you:

If (and that's a big"if" here, I know!) someone where to attempt a Rush song to try out with, what do you think would work?

Don't answer with your favorite or one you'd like to hear, but I you were gonna try out yourself, with the "realistic goal" of actually trying to advance, what song would you sing that would make the judges sit up and take notice of you? This is all assuming, of course, that you actually have a singing voice!

So, what Rush song would get you to the next round of AI? confused13.gif

Archived