GTA4 Official Thread

The Owl

I have mine! It came in the post.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited rofl3.gif

It's only 245pm. Farking hell! 430pm can't come fast enough LOL smile.gif rofl3.gif biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif fists crying.gif z7shysterical.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

*Points to herself* fing.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 29 2008, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 29 2008, 08:50 AM)
w00t!!!  Wow - picked up my copy at midnight last night (this morning, lol) and was online by 12:25am.  Few minutes of hard disk download and then it took a little effort to figure out how to get into Online mode 'Free' mode... (hint: use the cell phone) and then WOW - simply a hysterical three and a half hours that flew by before I had to bring myself to go to bed to make it to work today.

And just because Godeater would want to know:

The first thing I did when I got into the game was a I shot my neighbor in the face (my buddy who came online with me) and then proceeded to jack a car and mow down as many people as possible.  The cops came pretty quick and then it was just a bloodbath.  I chased some poor woman down into the subway and kicked her in the teeth and then I got electrocuted on the third rail.

This is going to be THE game...theres no doubt about it

AWESOME! *twitches*

I didn't pick mine up yet - will run out and do that on my lunch break. Question is will I ever come back to the office... and I mean EVER. *cackle*

Happy GTA Day Everybuddy!

I am sitting here in my office reading all of the reviews already and deciding which illness I will fake to get out of work this afternoon. I think a little nausea may do the trick. I played COD4 last night probably for the last time in a while and thanked it for the hours of play that it has given to me. Happy Gaming everyone. waffen093.gif

QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Apr 29 2008, 09:47 AM)
I am sitting here in my office reading all of the reviews already and deciding which illness I will fake to get out of work this afternoon. I think a little nausea may do the trick. I played COD4 last night probably for the last time in a while and thanked it for the hours of play that it has given to me. Happy Gaming everyone.  waffen093.gif

Hahahaha! Nice!

I woke up at 3am to try and fly through the remainder of Final Fantasy XII since I don't think I'll be seeing that again for a long while... anyways to no avail. The fate of Ivalice shall remain in limbo as I burn Liberty City to the ground.

firedevil.gif

Picked it up last night. Got the special edition, which comes in a lockbox. So while installing, I looked over the 'art of' book.

Went through the intro and had to turn it off and go to bed. Can't wait until tonight so I can actually do some mayhem.

I stayed up all night playing CoD4 and just woke up. Mine's coming from Amazon today, so I woke up at just around mail time here. I didn't plan it out that way, but it's good...I didn't have to spend all morning anticipating it.

The only thing that sucks is that I won't be able to play online for awhile. I recently moved where I play games (out of the main room, don't want the kid watching) and I'm too lazy to get another line and too cheap to pay $100 for a wireless adapter (which costs less than $20 for a PC, f**k you Microsoft).

Still stoked though!

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 29 2008, 11:52 AM)
I stayed up all night playing CoD4 and just woke up. Mine's coming from Amazon today, so I woke up at just around mail time here. I didn't plan it out that way, but it's good...I didn't have to spend all morning anticipating it.

The only thing that sucks is that I won't be able to play online for awhile. I recently moved where I play games (out of the main room, don't want the kid watching) and I'm too lazy to get another line and too cheap to pay $100 for a wireless adapter (which costs less than $20 for a PC, f**k you Microsoft).

Still stoked though!

Oh I was wondering what you were talking about until I remember your a 360 guy. I'm happy that Sony was generous enough to spend the 32 cents and include wireless on each unit. Not that I'm a PS3 fanboy I do own all three consoles.

Anyways I picked mine up but didn't open yet. I couldn't get a damn thing done at the office with that thing sitting on my desk I swear the *smell* was tantalizing me. I actually drove it home at lunch - out of site and out of nostril range.

Oh! laugh.gif And on my very short drive I had a classic GTA moment too. One of those big transport trucks that transports cars was in front of me for a bit... you know the kind that you can do jumps off of in GTA? Man for a brief second my brains immediate impulse was to gun the gas and give it a go.

Down brain! Four hours then you can do that in the safety of the living room!

Just a few helpful hints to save you folks who havent played it yet some valuable time:

After installing to disk the required material, the game launches into the trailer sequence with credits and it chronicles Niko's arrival into Liberty City. You can opt out of it with the X button but its pretty entertaining so long as you arent foaming from both corners of your mouth.

Me, I dove straight in. Familiarize yourself with the controls for on foot and in vehicle. The cell phone is the portal into Online mode. The start button brings you into a rather unusual menu system where you won't find "Online" or "Multiplayer" - so if you want to jump into a deathmatch or Free Mode, use the cell. During gameplay, you can use the cell phone to mute other online players (a la COD4) and also can use the cell phone to "call" other players you are playing with.

I just checked out some videos on the IGN UK site of GTAIV gameplay and there is one cool helicopter fly-over of Liberty City with some hints on how do do some things. I recommend it. The helicopter looks damn cool.

hahahaha

I'm actually more of a Sony guy. I hate M$, but there were a bunch of games I wanted for the 360 when I bought one, and maybe two for the PS3. The PS3 is the better console though, no doubt. I'm most definitely getting one with that MGS4 bundle when it comes out!

GTA is sitting by me on the couch like it's a family member. As soon as my daughter takes a nap I'm tearing into it.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 29 2008, 01:29 PM)
hahahaha

I'm actually more of a Sony guy. I hate M$, but there were a bunch of games I wanted for the 360 when I bought one, and maybe two for the PS3. The PS3 is the better console though, no doubt. I'm most definitely getting one with that MGS4 bundle when it comes out!

GTA is sitting by me on the couch like it's a family member. As soon as my daughter takes a nap I'm tearing into it.

So you chose to get the 360 version instead of PS3?

I did the exact opposite.

I just bought mine!!!! PS3 version!!

About to start playing!!

Once again PS3 players, my PSN ID is GRVrush2112 add me as a friend and let tear Liberty City a new asshole.

QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Apr 29 2008, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 29 2008, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 29 2008, 08:50 AM)
w00t!!!  Wow - picked up my copy at midnight last night (this morning, lol) and was online by 12:25am.  Few minutes of hard disk download and then it took a little effort to figure out how to get into Online mode 'Free' mode... (hint: use the cell phone) and then WOW - simply a hysterical three and a half hours that flew by before I had to bring myself to go to bed to make it to work today.

And just because Godeater would want to know:

The first thing I did when I got into the game was a I shot my neighbor in the face (my buddy who came online with me) and then proceeded to jack a car and mow down as many people as possible.  The cops came pretty quick and then it was just a bloodbath.  I chased some poor woman down into the subway and kicked her in the teeth and then I got electrocuted on the third rail.

This is going to be THE game...theres no doubt about it

AWESOME! *twitches*

I didn't pick mine up yet - will run out and do that on my lunch break. Question is will I ever come back to the office... and I mean EVER. *cackle*

Happy GTA Day Everybuddy!

I am sitting here in my office reading all of the reviews already and deciding which illness I will fake to get out of work this afternoon. I think a little nausea may do the trick. I played COD4 last night probably for the last time in a while and thanked it for the hours of play that it has given to me. Happy Gaming everyone. waffen093.gif

1022.gif

Damn I picked it up at lunch time......I was going to take the afternoon off, but like a good little accountant I went back to my office.....Now its just sitting on the corner of my desk like the Holy Grail. This has been one of the longest afternoons of my life and I still have an hour and 20 minutes left.....I am going to take it out on the first old lady walking down the street. God I hope they have steam rollers in this game. Splat...tick tock the clock is talking to me...i'm losing it man.

QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Apr 29 2008, 03:45 PM)
Damn I picked it up at lunch time......I was going to take the afternoon off, but like a good little accountant I went back to my office.....Now its just sitting on the corner of my desk like the Holy Grail. This has been one of the longest afternoons of my life and I still have an hour and 20 minutes left.....I am going to take it out on the first old lady walking down the street. God I hope they have steam rollers in this game. Splat...tick tock the clock is talking to me...i'm losing it man.

Steamrollers! I'm all over that in about two hours. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2008, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Apr 29 2008, 03:45 PM)

Steamrollers! I'm all over that in about two hours. yes.gif

STEAM ROLLERS IS THE AWESOMEST IDEA EVER!

70 minutes and counting for me.

Oh man... I just watched the Review on Gametrailers.com and now I dont think i can wait til Friday.

They gave it a 9.8/10!

the whole time I thought they were showing it on PS3 because of how stunning the Graphics look but no it was on 360.

I guess its one of the few that lived up to its hype!

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 29 2008, 04:01 PM)
Oh man... I just watched the Review on Gametrailers.com and now I dont think i can wait til Friday.

They gave it a 9.8/10!

the whole time I thought they were showing it on PS3 because of how stunning the Graphics look but no it was on 360.

I guess its one of the few that lived up to its hype!

Speaking of watching trailers and stuff... I cannot believe that TV channels that have shows that review video games and stuff (a good examplle is G4 TechTV) don't have HD channels... it is pretty lame to watch video reviews of HD games in standard def - especially when they are like oooh and aaaaah about the graphics.

*boggle*

Couldn't Resist

CHEATS!!

Diffrent from before all you do is enter the number into your phone once and it stores it for you in a cheat menu on the phone. Easier than hitting button combos

468-555-0100 Change weather

486-555-0150 Get a different selection of weapons

486-555-0100 Get a selection of weapons

267-555-0150 Raise wanted level

267-555-0100 Remove wanted level

362-555-0100 Restore armour

482-555-0100 Restore health

227-555-0142 Spawn a Cognoscenti

227-555-0175 Spawn a Comet

938-555-0100 Spawn a Jetmax

625-555-0150 Spawn a Sanchez

227-555-0168 Spawn a SuperGT

227-555-0147 Spawn a Turismo

359-555-0100 Spawn an Annihiliator

227-555-0100 Spawn an FIB Buffalo

625-555-0100 Spawn an NRG-900

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 29 2008, 02:36 PM)
Playing it right now!!! (well...it's on pause biggrin.gif )

The controls are all diffrent, if you're used to the other GTA controls it will take a bit of getting used to.

Oh, you can change to classic controls....phew!

-I'm driving drunk, and the cops try and pull you over for it.

f*ckin SWEET!!!

Archived