GTA4 Official Thread

The Owl

great characters, the story is really in depth!

I am having problems getting online though. I try and connect with the phone but It comes up with the message. "Game Provider could not connect you, try again later"

I guess there are too many people online right now, but I'll check out the Playstation Forums to see if anyone else is having simular issues.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that what it is...there are alot of people not being able to get online.

It's launch day, the servers are just overrun.....oh well, I'll spend the time and play through the story before I hop online.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2008, 06:32 PM)
Playing the game over lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ's house. Looks SICK! The driving dynamics are MUCH improved. Very cool. biggrin.gif

I logged 4 1/2 hours last night just basically driving, killing and trying to ignore the cell phone. Its too early in the game for cheat codes I am going to try to beat it first before I use the codes or go online. But my ADD may get the better of me. Amazing graphics when you shoot someone at close range with a shotgun. waffen093.gif

The game absolutely lives up to the hype! I almost shit myself when I jacked a car and the guy grabbed onto the door and was dragged a couple hundred feet before I took a corner and threw him into some trashcans. AMAZING.

I love the occasional action button that pops up too. I took a cigarette out of a lady's mouth and threw it on the ground then a dude tried to beat me up for it. I think there's things in this game that will take years to actually find like that.

common001.gif

QUOTE (nimagraven @ Apr 30 2008, 10:27 AM)
Haha wooow

I found nothing like that yet!

However, one guy was standing on the street and shouted at me:

CHEESY VAGINAS!

I'm still laughing about it this morning! rofl3.gif

It was so random. luv it. biggrin.gif

Hahaha some guy shouted "I DON'T HAVE ANY BANANAS!" at me. laugh.gif

A couple of questions if anyone has had the time to figure these things out. I only glanced at the map (no special edition here) and the Liberty City Guide book is more like a "what a SixAxis controller looks like" guide book than something useful.

I'm playing it on PS3 in 1080i and it looks great (65" HDTV) but I read on PS3forums that many folks think the antialiasing looks best in 720p....anyway, my question is in regards to the cell phone. I saw the previous post about cheats, and while I'm familiar with them from previous GTA versions (keypad Up, down, L1, etc) in this game it says to use the phone to dial numbers. I'm only on about the 4th mission, the majority of my time has been online wreaking havoc in Liberty City....my cell phone appears to be a (tiny, partially visible) small object in lower right where I can only see the screen and no buttons, that is unless my resolution has put the rest of it off-screen. Am I missing something here? How does one "dial" (aside from Roman, Michelle and other contacts in the phonebook) and where are my buttons and how do I access them?

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 30 2008, 12:56 PM)
A couple of questions if anyone has had the time to figure these things out. I only glanced at the map (no special edition here) and the Liberty City Guide book is more like a "what a SixAxis controller looks like" guide book than something useful.

I'm playing it on PS3 in 1080i and it looks great (65" HDTV) but I read on PS3forums that many folks think the antialiasing looks best in 720p....anyway, my question is in regards to the cell phone. I saw the previous post about cheats, and while I'm familiar with them from previous GTA versions (keypad Up, down, L1, etc) in this game it says to use the phone to dial numbers. I'm only on about the 4th mission, the majority of my time has been online wreaking havoc in Liberty City....my cell phone appears to be a (tiny, partially visible) small object in lower right where I can only see the screen and no buttons, that is unless my resolution has put the rest of it off-screen. Am I missing something here? How does one "dial" (aside from Roman, Michelle and other contacts in the phonebook) and where are my buttons and how do I access them?

Not sure about the PS3 version, but on the 360 you have to press up on the d-pad to bring the phone up, then up again to bring the keypad up.

I feel indifferent............. I saw a street preacher, going on about hellfire and sinners.

For those of you who are familiar with my stances over at "Sence o'clock news" you can guess what I took pleasure in doing.....

Ah, controversy surrounding the game already.

MADD mad at GTA4

QUOTE (Gamespot.com)
Mothers against GTAIV's drunk driving
MADD asks ESRB to rerate Rockstar's game Adults Only over inebriation simulation.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Apr 30, 2008 2:46 pm PT
Much like its unfortunate series of protagonists, the Grand Theft Auto series seems to be continually under fire. The latest parental interest group to put the game in its crosshairs is Mothers Against Drunk Driving, which commemorated Grand Theft Auto IV's release yesterday with its own official statement decrying the game.

Noting that drunk driving claims nearly 13,500 lives each year, MADD said that it is "extremely disappointed" that the game lets users get virtually drunk and then get behind the wheel of an equally virtual automobile.

"Drunk driving is not a game and it is not a joke," MADD said. "Drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime, and it is also 100 percent preventable."

MADD is asking the Entertainment Software Rating Board to bump Grand Theft Auto IV's rating up to AO for Adults Only from M for Mature. The ESRB's content descriptors for the game currently include "use of drugs and alcohol." The parental group also said that it is asking the game's "manufacturer" (presumably Take-Two Interactive) to consider stopping distribution out of a sense of social responsibility, or out of respect for those who've been hurt or killed by drunk drivers.

inreabration simulator...............really?

They make it seem like the game forces you to drive drunk, but you can call a cab to take you home. Plus, if you try to drive drunk in the game, the cops instantly chase you, and the controls are so hard when you're drunk that it's difficult to get away from them. They obviously didn't even play the game.

I have it and am currently playing it. Definately one of the best games ever. I love the storylines and always do the missions. The people who by GTA games just to use cheats and kill people and never do the missions are not smart and dont know what they are missing. smilies-8579.png

Archived