Feedback II

MMCXII

I heard today that Rush might be doing a Feedback II album in the distant future. as much as we hate non-original material on stage, what songs would you like to hear them cover? my vote goes to inagaddadavida (sp?). or maybe 20th century schitzoid man!!

Heard from where? Considering the less than brilliant response to the last one and the songs from it being played live I have to believe the information you've received is false.

However Godeater did make a thread with the exact same title as this a few weeks ago for people to try to think up songs that Rush would put on another covers EP/album. Dig it up and take a look.

from Geddy himself - -

"... Rush have a few things in the planning stages, including a new studio album they see somewhere on the horizon. A possible Feedback II covers album of '50s and '60s rock songs is also something Lee doesn't close the door on.

"It would be fun," he says. "I think my manager goes to sleep having dreams that we'll do that. It was really a lot of fun to do and pretty easy. You never know, maybe when we're on the verge of our 50th anniversary."

A Rush documentary is also in the works, but Lee is a bit miffed why anyone would want to film the trio.

"A filmmaker thinks that we're interesting," he says. "We're doing our best to disappoint."

QUOTE (Cygnusx3 @ Apr 15 2008, 11:32 AM)
from Geddy himself - -

"... Rush have a few things in the planning stages, including a new studio album they see somewhere on the horizon. A possible Feedback II covers album of '50s and '60s rock songs is also something Lee doesn't close the door on.
"It would be fun," he says. "I think my manager goes to sleep having dreams that we'll do that. It was really a lot of fun to do and pretty easy. You never know, maybe when we're on the verge of our 50th anniversary."
A Rush documentary is also in the works, but Lee is a bit miffed why anyone would want to film the trio.
"A filmmaker thinks that we're interesting," he says. "We're doing our best to disappoint."

How recent is this? Anyway it wouldn't bother me in the slightly if they intended to wait until their 50th (!!!!!) anniversary to put something like this out, in fact I'd actually welcome it by then, but now is not the time.

The thought of feedback 2 holds little appeal to me, especially 50's and 60's stuff.

I cant see me wanting to play a Rush version of great balls of fire.

Lets stick to original material folks.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 15 2008, 05:34 AM)
from Geddy himself - -

How recent is this? Anyway it wouldn't bother me in the slightly if they intended to wait until their 50th (!!!!!) anniversary to put something like this out, in fact I'd actually welcome it by then, but now is not the time.

This was literally an interview within the past week, RocKid yes.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 15 2008, 06:58 AM)
from Geddy himself - -

Hopefully it never comes out. Feedback was enough.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Apr 15 2008, 08:14 AM)
from Geddy himself - -

I wasn't that crazy about Feedback, but I don't know, I love the idea of Rush still rocking out in their 70s. I think I'd be pretty happy if they were still releasing anything newly recorded 15 or 20 years from now!

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Apr 15 2008, 09:58 AM)
from Geddy himself - -

I wasn't that crazy about Feedback, but I don't know, I love the idea of Rush still rocking out in their 70s. I think I'd be pretty happy if they were still releasing anything newly recorded 15 or 20 years from now!

Geddy's hair must never gray!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 15 2008, 12:58 PM)
from Geddy himself - -

Ahh must've missed it then. Thanks. cool.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 15 2008, 04:11 PM)
from Geddy himself - -

It won't as long as he keeps dying it!

I don't know why a lot of you guys have a problem with Feedback....I loved it & what it did for RUSH. It got them back to quite a basic form of writing & recording techniques they hadn't done for years. RESULT.......Snakes and Arrows, best album they've done in years!

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Apr 15 2008, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 15 2008, 04:11 PM)
from Geddy himself - -

It won't as long as he keeps dying it!

His roots certainly needed doing when I saw them in Prague biggrin.gif

My hair-dying bro was shocked!!!!

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Apr 15 2008, 04:14 AM)
from Geddy himself - -

I have no problem with it as long as they don't perform as much of it live as they did on the R30 tour. I would love to see them cover The Ocean and The Real me by The Who

This mention of a Feedback II seems like just a response to a hypothetical question posed to him. He didn't say yes or no, but that its a possibility. He was just answering a question posed, and not annoucing their intentions. The idea seems to lie with the interviewer and not to Geddy or the band itself.

I think we are safe until at least 2010 without another gimmick album. I did not like Feedback because it didn't show much effort. They became a cover band for songs instead of taking songs and kicking it Rush Style. The compositions and solos were almost verbatim, and there was little creativity.

Essentially, it is what it is, a basement tape of them playing covers. No serious thought into changing anything to reflect their style or interpretations, and that's why it left this Rush fan a little empty. I know they could have done better.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 15 2008, 10:47 AM)
^^ I'd love to hear them play some Yes!! 653.gif

(and btw, could Geddy do the vocals in Hocus Pocus? wink.gif tongue.gif )

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Geddy's voice (if you think about it) is very similar to Jon Anderson's.

I always wondered what it would sound like if they covered Owner of a Lonely Heart. Alex would tear it up. 653.gif An acoustic version of Soon would sound great too.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 15 2008, 10:58 AM)
Eww Owner Of A Lonely Heart. That song doesn't deserve to be mentioned along the likes of Close To The Edge, And You And I or Awaken. Horrible, horrible tune.

Well, its far from my favorite Yes song. I wouldn't say it's horrible but I do think a cover of it by 2.gif would be pretty cool. But it definatley doesn't come close to songs like Heart of the Sunrise or Close to the Edge. I still would love to see Rush cover them IF they were to do another Feedback album.

QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Apr 15 2008, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 15 2008, 10:58 AM)
Eww Owner Of A Lonely Heart. That song doesn't deserve to be mentioned along the likes of Close To The Edge, And You And I or Awaken. Horrible, horrible tune.

Well, its far from my favorite Yes song. I wouldn't say it's horrible but I do think a cover of it by 2.gif would be pretty cool. But it definatley doesn't come close to songs like Heart of the Sunrise or Close to the Edge. I still would love to see Rush cover them IF they were to do another Feedback album.

Yeah guess I'd take it over a bunch of '50s and '60s stuff actually. Doubt they'd do something that recent though. Some '70s stuff certainly wouldn't be frowned upon.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 15 2008, 02:26 PM)
Imagine Rush covering Maybe I'm A Leo or Pictures Of Home and you'll be one tiny step away from orgasm. Seriously, that would be the best.

that'd be cool! Machine Head ROCKS!! and if any 3 piece can replace a 5 piece, RUSH can!!!

Archived