Why the setlist is what it is

iluvgeddy05

quoted from my rush.com newsletter:

"A reminder that the 2008 leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour kicks off today, April, 11th in San Juan, PR. The band will be on the road until the end of July performing in various cities throughout North America in support of the new 2 CD set, Snakes & Arrows Live, which is available on April 15th."

So...maybe this is why the setlist is pretty much like it is? If people hear it this time around and weren't going to buy the CD, this could push them to do so.

Yeah?

Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to switch out rare songs with ones they did on the previous tour (R30). That's pretty lame. Then coming out and saying that they've got some surprises in store for us....well tell ya what, Alex...The Trees is probably the least surprising song to throw in there. They've done that on so many tours already! And theyve only done Jacob's Ladder on ONE TOUR....28 YEARS AGO! And they think they haven't played the Trees in a long time?! Point is, they have so much unused material in their catalog that they can surface, but their only using it to tease us ....although they did bring back one goody from the early 90's that I really like...good song, man

I made a thread similar to this, comparing it to the MP/ESL tours in 1981. The setlists are alike, and it's because they're supporting the new album. But- even though the setlist is not life-or-death for me, I will say I expected a few more than that- but who cares? It's still 2.gif ! 1022.gif trink39.gif

Archived