Salo - 120 Days of Sodom

D'Artagnan

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 19 2008, 11:45 AM)
For all your "elegant" (and at times, ungrammatical) responses here, you can't really be too surprised that people aren't jumping at the chance to call this film a "gem" or a glorious artistic achievement, considering the subject matter. Can you?

Like it, applaud it, worship it if you want. Sure, offer your opinion. But when the subject matter is disturbing to a great portion of a population, don't put them down for it as if YOU, sir, are the arbiter of what is art.

Give me a break. You can get down off your high horse now.

P.S. Telling the moderator he's no good at what he does and telling him to "grow some balls" serves to make YOU the subject of ridicule in my book.

Thank you! smile.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot just remember that you are a moderator here halfway, after you posted a lot of flamebait. Moderator or not, expect an answer when you write "statements" like "were you born a dick or did you learn it?".

Perhaps in other circumstances, your "warning" as a "moderator" would have been valid, but the way you addressed to me earlier does not grant you the right nor the credibility to "warn". Either be courageous enough to hear the answer when you knock the door, or do not engage in the discussion in the first place and stick to "moderating" debates from an impartial standpoint.

So have you seen any of Pasolini's other films or did you watch Salo solely because of your interest in the Marquis?

I've seen Mamma Roma which I loved and The Gospel According To St. Matthew whick was OK if a little dry.

If you haven't already seen it, related to the Marquis side I recommend Marat/Sade aka The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum at Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060668/ .

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 09:13 AM)
I would value Scorcese's (an avid fan of Salo) over Joe Nobody's any time of the day.

What was the point of the thread then?

Translation : Maybe I should get the **** out of this thread, since I did look like a complete idiot. Yeah, that would be a good idea

...and you're surprised you were called a dick?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2008, 11:34 AM)
I'm sorry. I forgot that I am in this world to mold myself into to your concept of what a moderator should be! I mean, what the hell was I thinking?! How dare I not immediately subordinate myself to your will! How dare I call you a dick when you've really descended from your lofty seat at the right hand of God to dictate to me how to run my forum! Oh, please forgive me, Great One!

That was very witty, by the way.

With such "sarcasm", delivered with the subtlety of a gang rape by a group of elephants, no wonder why I was advised -by the genius above- not to "f*ck* with you.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Mar 19 2008, 09:40 AM)
You appear to need a crash course in prudence and discretion.  But somehow I get the feeling you get off on joining message boards just to stir the shit right away.  You come in swinging a sledgehammer and pretend to wonder why people get after you.

http://www.fulana.org/images/if-you-fear-something_full.jpg

I'm done with you, troll.

The above only concerns the individual who claimed to have watched the movie, yet everything he said points out the opposite. Hippies call it Karma, Jesus calls it "seek, and thou shalt find", internet people called it "own3d"; In summary, the individual in question got what he asked for, and I do not feel like making an issue out of this.

Many others disagreed with my opinion about Salo, and I absolutely respect their opinion, and understand where they are coming from.

Very. That is childish, even for an insult.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2008, 11:34 AM)
I'm sorry. I forgot that I am in this world to mold myself into to your concept of what a moderator should be! I mean, what the hell was I thinking?! How dare I not immediately subordinate myself to your will! How dare I call you a dick when you've really descended from your lofty seat at the right hand of God to dictate to me how to run my forum! Oh, please forgive me, Great One!

That was very witty, by the way.

With such "sarcasm", delivered with the subtlety of a gang rape by a group of elephants, no wonder why I was advised -by the genius above- not to "f*ck* with you.

Regardless, the fact remains that I am not in this world to live up to your expectations of what a moderator should be. Or anything else for that matter. Don't tell me how to do my job.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 01:33 PM)

The above only concerns the individual who claimed to have watched the movie, yet everything he said points out the opposite. Hippies call it Karma, Jesus calls it "seek, and thou shalt find", internet people called it "own3d"; In summary, the individual in question got what he asked for, and I do not feel like making an issue out of this.

Many others disagreed with my opinion about Salo, and I absolutely respect their opinion, and understand where they are coming from.

Very. That is childish, even for an insult.

I do not feel like making an issue out of this.

Then why did you?

You should have extended that consideration to everyone, Test included.

Look, I've read a lot about this movie since last night, and every review or synopsis I have read states that the movie depicts children being tortured and raped. Yes, the children were played by people of adult age, but I don't think that makes it all right and apparently you are the only one who does.

I shudder to think why anyone would enjoy a movie like this, it sounds pretty depraved to me.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2008, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2008, 10:02 AM)
The profile of an attention whore!  laugh.gif

^

Certainly not the profile of a "moderator". So far, you've been contributing to absolutely nothing but inflaming the discussion, rather than keeping it on track.

Please, if you have nothing valuable to contribute, there's plenty of other threads which I am sure you can be useful in.

It's a joke. Hence the smiley.

Jack, use this:

http://www.roguishness.com/img/banstick.jpg

Now is the Time...

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 19 2008, 02:54 PM)
You're just not a cultured person unless you see this film. wink.gif

Oh I know man.

City of God taught me exactly how Brazil was, and I became just as cultured as someone who actually lived there and experienced things. Also, my IQ was raised about 25 points. Which gives me the right to be a whiny bitch to those who haven't partaken of its greatness.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 19 2008, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 19 2008, 02:54 PM)
You're just not a cultured person unless you see this film. wink.gif

Oh I know man.

City of God taught me exactly how Brazil was, and I became just as cultured as someone who actually lived there and experienced things. Also, my IQ was raised about 25 points. Which gives me the right to be a whiny bitch to those who haven't partaken of its greatness.

rofl3.gif Oh man, that's funny! I hope D'artagnan doesn't get his shorts in a knot over it.

Well, OK, part of me does hope for that. tempted.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Mar 19 2008, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2008, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2008, 10:02 AM)
The profile of an attention whore!  laugh.gif

^

Certainly not the profile of a "moderator". So far, you've been contributing to absolutely nothing but inflaming the discussion, rather than keeping it on track.

Please, if you have nothing valuable to contribute, there's plenty of other threads which I am sure you can be useful in.

It's a joke. Hence the smiley.

Jack, use this:

http://www.roguishness.com/img/banstick.jpg

Now is the Time...

laugh.gif There are times when I am tempted to break out some kind of BFH.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 03:55 PM)
Who said anything about "culture"or "profoundness", and correlated them to an opinion one might have about any given movie ?

Some of you really suffer from inferiority complexes.

They're using the terms sarcastically.

You're obviously suffering from a "don't get it" complex.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 02:57 PM)
Sorry to interrupt the love-fest, by the way. If it is several users agreeing on something, then it must be true, there is no such thing as a "group of idiots".

smile.gif

You have officially reached stage three of the "annoying poster" progression.

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 03:57 PM)
Sorry to interrupt the love-fest, by the way. If it is several users agreeing on something, then it must be true, there is no such thing as a "group of idiots".

smile.gif

Right. We're all idiots because we don't get off on movies about child rape. If that's the case then I'd rather be an idiot anyday.

Why don't you just leave?

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 19 2008, 03:55 PM)
Who said anything about "culture"or "profoundness", and correlated them to an opinion one might have about any given movie ?

Some of you really suffer from inferiority complexes.

It can't be an inferiority complex when someone says he or she doesn't like stupid movies.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 19 2008, 03:00 PM)
Right. We're all idiots because we don't get off on movies about child rape. If that's the case then I'd rather be an idiot anyday.

Why don't you just leave?

Not all, just the imbecile regurgitating stuff he know nothing about. I would not call you an idiot, but you are certainly an incoherent hypocrite with atrocious "sarcasm" attempts.

As for the others, I am sports with them, they are coherent enough.

By the way, my "group of idiots" comment was general, but apparently, it did push some buttons. wink.gif