There's another remake in the works

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 5 2008, 06:24 AM)
I just thought of a great idea for a movie. A popular guy in his thirties calls in sick from work. He then calls his neurotic friend who really is sick and gets him to spend the day with him getting into all sorts of shenanigans. Meanwhile his boss is suspicious he's not really sick and so he spends the whole movie investigating but getting nowhere.

The best thing about that movie would be the neurotic friend. "Save popular guy" laugh.gif

Maybe Hollywood has finally reached critical mass. There are simply no more ideas to hatch into movies.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Mar 5 2008, 09:35 AM)
Maybe Hollywood has finally reached critical mass. There are simply no more ideas to hatch into movies.

I disagree. I guess it's a combination of their unwillingness to take chances AND some screenwriters not having the right connections

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 4 2008, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 3 2008, 11:39 AM)
OK, I've seen a lot of people express a lot of love in here for the film they're remaking (actually, reimagining might be a better term since they've changed the setting-though I doubt that will help ease any of the pain). All I can say is please, please, please don't shoot the messenger! You know I love you and I know this news will be upsetting to a lot of you and you have my deepest sympathies.

OK, take a deep breath and go to a happy place, because here we go.

The Hollywood Reporter says:

NEW YORK -- Veteran producer Bridget Johnson will produce "Bumped," a modern-day version of "The Breakfast Club," with McG protege Anna Mastro attached to direct from a script by Lizzy Weiss.

"Bumped" is a comedy-drama revolving around five twentysomethings -- including a corporate go-getter, a musician and a flirt -- who normally wouldn't be friends but who get to know one another when they're bumped from a flight and wind up stranded at Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

The project marks the directorial debut for Mastro, who worked closely with director-producer McG on his "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and was an associate producer on his "Stay Alive."

Mastro also has developed and produced the CW's "Pussycat Dolls" series and, like McG, shot music videos.

The film will be financed independently and later set up at a studio; it likely won't shoot until the SAG strike situation is resolved. Johnson ("As Good as It Gets"), who was an exec at Touchstone as well as at James L. Brooks' Gracie Films, produced the upcoming Miramax release "Smart People."

John Hughes' 1985 film "The Breakfast Club" (with which "Bumped" has no formal association) was a generation-defining comedy that helped build the careers of actors like Emilio Estevez.

Dear God...

2 very fitting words lerxt. I kind of like these 2 too: Shit. NOOOOOOOOOO..... tongue.gif

There was talk of making an actual sequel back in the late 80s but luckily that never happened

Leave well enough alone. They made remakes of The Out Of Towners, The In-Laws, the Taking of Pelham 1-2-3, and The Day of Tha Jackal - all CLASSIC films of 60s/70s, and they all sucked hairy moose balls.

I remember when I met Doug Bradley (Pinhead) this past August, he mentioned that they are working on a Hellraiser remake. I love the original, so hopefully they won't screw-up the remake... ???

I think a real remake of breakfast club would be kinda cool. yes.gif

Make it with today's kind of kids with today's kid's problems. It could be very good actually. Let Judd play the principle. How cool would that be?

As for this movie, Bumped, having a similar storyline, i don't think it can be considered a rip-off entirely. It's hard to have a completely original idea. This will have to be given it's own shot.