Geddy Lee is hot!

Sodoff Baldrick

Oooooo... nice pics of the Gedmeister!! biggrin.gif

But this one made me flip:

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/GoodCompany/Geddy%20Lee/276878809-canadian-artists-rush-receive-living-legend-award-classic-rock-awards.jpg

Because I love Alice Cooper, too! How cool is that - two gods of Rock on one stage (and not playing together). Thanks for this! cool.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 12 2010, 03:42 AM)
Oooooo... nice pics of the Gedmeister!!  biggrin.gif

But this one made me flip:
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/GoodCompany/Geddy%20Lee/276878809-canadian-artists-rush-receive-living-legend-award-classic-rock-awards.jpg

Because I love Alice Cooper, too! How cool is that - two gods of Rock on one stage (and not playing together). Thanks for this!  cool.gif

Alice isn't too bad, but no-one does it for me in quite the same way as Ged does. heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif rose.gif b_sigh.gif

Awww.... here, Babycat hug2.gif

When I said I love Alice Cooper... um... not *that* way. unsure.gif I just like the music and appreciate the showmanship.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 12 2010, 07:16 AM)
Awww.... here, Babycat  hug2.gif

When I said I love Alice Cooper... um... not *that* way. unsure.gif I just like the music and appreciate the showmanship.

Thanx for the hug2.gif HowItIs, appreciate it. rose.gif I know what you mean about Alice Cooper, though, I also meant his musical capabilities. cool.gif

*sings really loudly and obnoxiously*

"No more, Mr. Nice Guy, no more, Mr CLEEEAAANNN!!"

I mean, really, Neil can write lyrics, but NO ONE can write lyrics like that...

Oh wait, we were talking about Geddy, my bad. unsure.gif I do appreciate seeing Mr. Cooper and Mr. Lee together. It doth a rocker girl's heart good.

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 12 2010, 12:55 PM)
*sings really loudly and obnoxiously*

"No more, Mr. Nice Guy, no more, Mr CLEEEAAANNN!!"

I mean, really, Neil can write lyrics, but NO ONE can write lyrics like that...

Oh wait, we were talking about Geddy, my bad. unsure.gif I do appreciate seeing Mr. Cooper and Mr. Lee together. It doth a rocker girl's heart good.

biggrin.gif tongue.gif

@NobodysHeroine :: Wow, that's a really well-written letter. Very professional, respectful, but not overly-gushing or otherwise. It would be so awesome if he read it and replied! Not to mention very insightful questions. So I think your chances are good. ^^

And.. how do I put it... Happy one-year anniversary of being a Rushian. xD I know I've only been a member here for a very short time, but in the few days I have gotten to know you you're a great person to chat with, here and on dA. :P

Here's to many more years of Rushian-ism!

I have been a Rush fan since 1993. The years fly by, let me assure you! wink.gif

Now, my 10 year old son is a Rush fan, and has already been to three Rush shows. Who knew I would be bringing in another generation?! cool.gif It feels great to share that with him.

As for Geddy...well, I have been a Geddy gal since shortly after I became a Rush fan, so about the same amount of time. I love him (and his playing and musicianship) more so today than I ever have. He, Alex and Neil are a constant source of inspiration for me and I NEVER get tired of hearing them! biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 12 2010, 06:38 PM)
@NobodysHeroine :: Wow, that's a really well-written letter. Very professional, respectful, but not overly-gushing or otherwise. It would be so awesome if he read it and replied! Not to mention very insightful questions. So I think your chances are good. ^^

And.. how do I put it... Happy one-year anniversary of being a Rushian. xD I know I've only been a member here for a very short time, but in the few days I have gotten to know you you're a great person to chat with, here and on dA. tongue.gif

Here's to many more years of Rushian-ism!

Thank you, Christine. blush4.gif

I tried not to gush too much, but you are well-aware of my Geddy love. Like I said, I was on my best behavior. angel.gif

Yes, to many more years to come! 1022.gif

And thank you, Babycat. You are both very kind. I feel so loved in this forum. tongue.gif

My son plays guitars and drums, bet you can't guess who his favourite musicians are. LOL He's 8 and s a total Rush head too. I do try to get him to listen to other artists but he's determined to be "as good as Neil Peart". I took him to the US this summer for the Time Machine tour, I was surprised how many youngsters were there. He was deeply envious cos i got to meet Ged last Monday (oh it seems a lifetime ago) but it was an age restricted screening.

QUOTE (Angua @ Nov 13 2010, 07:13 AM)
My son plays guitars and drums, bet you can't guess who his favourite musicians are. LOL He's 8 and s a total Rush head too. I do try to get him to listen to other artists but he's determined to be "as good as Neil Peart". I took him to the US this summer for the Time Machine tour, I was surprised how many youngsters were there. He was deeply envious cos i got to meet Ged last Monday (oh it seems a lifetime ago) but it was an age restricted screening.

If your son continues to keep it up there's no reason why he can't be just as good. Nice to know he's a big fan. Well done & fair play to him. cool.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Nov 13 2010, 07:13 AM)

My son still is pissed that I got a M&G pass to one of the concerts that he DIDN'T go to this summer. laugh.gif I tried to pull some strings for the poor boy at the concert in Salt Lake, but it was a no-go. sad.gif

Here's hoping my connections get him a meet & greet next tour! 1022.gif My son is awesome an totally deserves it! cool.gif

I think people who are into music themselves tend to be inclined towards bands like Rush. They know musical talent when they hear it, so (in my mind) it only makes sense when the people in band with me are the only ones in the school who've heard of Rush. xD

On a side note, CHECK OUT GEDDY'S KICKS. (This is from the "Farewell to Kings" album photos.)

http://www.cathedralstone.net/Pics/Rush1.jpg

It's sexy pose tyme. ;D

Hey lovely Rushgals,

I had a really terrible week (loss in the family) and when I finally got back home, I tuned into "Geddy Lee is hot!" to distract myself and try to feel better. I usually just settle for lurking around, but I wanted to say thanks to all of you for making such a nice (HOT!) archive. I thought my Rush picture collection was pretty solid, but I found a few gems to add here and there. Even though I've been a quiet forum visitor, I appreciate this one - and all you gals - alot! (Whenever I get THAT odd look when I praise our lovely singer, I cite you all as back-up for my views!) th1245.gif

QUOTE (Skyla2112 @ Nov 13 2010, 10:32 AM)
Hey lovely Rushgals,

I had a really terrible week (loss in the family) and when I finally got back home, I tuned into "Geddy Lee is hot!" to distract myself and try to feel better. I usually just settle for lurking around, but I wanted to say thanks to all of you for making such a nice (HOT!) archive. I thought my Rush picture collection was pretty solid, but I found a few gems to add here and there. Even though I've been a quiet forum visitor, I appreciate this one - and all you gals - alot! (Whenever I get THAT odd look when I praise our lovely singer, I cite you all as back-up for my views!) th1245.gif

Sorry about your loss and glad the Ged thread could help (damn, I rhymed! tongue.gif)

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Skyla2112 @ Nov 13 2010, 09:32 AM)
Hey lovely Rushgals,

I had a really terrible week (loss in the family) and when I finally got back home, I tuned into "Geddy Lee is hot!" to distract myself and try to feel better. I usually just settle for lurking around, but I wanted to say thanks to all of you for making such a nice (HOT!) archive. I thought my Rush picture collection was pretty solid, but I found a few gems to add here and there. Even though I've been a quiet forum visitor, I appreciate this one - and all you gals - alot! (Whenever I get THAT odd look when I praise our lovely singer, I cite you all as back-up for my views!)  th1245.gif

Oh, how sad! D: Yes, that would make for a terrible week indeed.. My prayers and thoughts for you and yours. ♥ But I'm happy this tread cheered you up a little. (: Nothing like a little Rush to take away some of the blues.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Skyla2112 @ Nov 13 2010, 03:32 PM)
Hey lovely Rushgals,

Hoping things improve for you soon. Hold on in there. I had a crap week last week but nothing like yours, but then I got to meet Geddy.

QUOTE (Angua @ Nov 13 2010, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Skyla2112 @ Nov 13 2010, 03:32 PM)
Hey lovely Rushgals,

I had a really terrible week (loss in the family) and when I finally got back home, I tuned into "Geddy Lee is hot!" to distract myself and try to feel better. I usually just settle for lurking around, but I wanted to say thanks to all of you for making such a nice (HOT!) archive. I thought my Rush picture collection was pretty solid, but I found a few gems to add here and there. Even though I've been a quiet forum visitor, I appreciate this one - and all you gals - alot! (Whenever I get THAT odd look when I praise our lovely singer, I cite you all as back-up for my views!)  th1245.gif

Hoping things improve for you soon. Hold on in there. I had a crap week last week but nothing like yours, but then I got to meet Geddy.

Yeah, meeting Geddy can make just about anything better. wink.gif

Best wishes to you Skyla. Keep your head up, and remember:

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.

All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars"