Austin, TX

Prince of Tyrus

This is the first time RUSH has played in Austin, TX in 10 years. The Frank Erwin Center will be set for Theater Stage.

According to the venue staff, it will accommodate slightly less than 7000 people. Just curious if anyone knows if they will play anywhere this small on the rest of the 08 tour.

I went to several of the shows in 07 and I would have to estimate that the average crowd was between 11-12,000. It just seems weird that the set up in Austin would be so small. RUSH is huge in TX and everyone I know will be going to all three TX shows.

It's actually been 14 years. The third show of the Counterparts tour was the last in Austin in 1994. I've just heard recently about the new stage arrangement which would explain the lower capacity. While it would probably make everybody's seats better it would be kind of sad after seeing them several times there when the whole arena was packed.

If you look at the pictures of the Theatre setup at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, there are two different setups. One has more floor seats than the other. the larger one looks to me like more than 7,000. I'm really looking forward to the show, even though most people I know couldn't get lower level seat.....don't get me started

Archived