Do Think They Will Add Cities??

tripdad

Cleveland had drawn a pretty good crowd last summer. Curious why it was left off the 2008 leg.

I'm driving to Pittsburgh though! 2.gif

Tim

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Feb 8 2008, 07:30 AM)
They are already coming to Detroit...the Home of Rock-n-Roll! wink.gif

I was thinking of going to the Detroit show, but a friend that lives north of Detroit told me the venue is horrible for shows. Do you agree?

2.gif

It sucks, there playing every major city in the midwest except Cleveland.

Like i said on a other related post it has been a trend over the last five years or so that major rock acts have been avoiding Cleveland.

I also said maybe the poor showing at the Gund/Q in 02 Vapor Trails tour was a factor. And from here on out they'll play only at Blossom.

Which like you said good crowd for last August and the R30 tour.

QUOTE (Freeze Moving Pictures @ Feb 8 2008, 09:54 PM)
Here's to Donna Halper and the crew at the old buzzard.

Hopefully whoever the sh*t's that call themselves promoters at Blossom these days bring them back to town. It would be a real shame to see them skip this town.

Wasen't MMS great back when.

Listen to them lately? new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I can't blame the promoters for choosing Blossom instead of the Q last two tours, first of all amphitheatres have been the type of venues Rush has been playing mostly (spring,summer).

Second Rush has done really well all three times i've seen them at Cuyahoga Falls, Presto tour largest crowd , R30 good, S&A even better.

I think Rush themselve's realize it's a better place to play and i still insist the sparse turn out (some here estimated around 7,000 or 8,000 me included tongue.gif ) Vapor Trails tour at the Q. Probably still a sore spot for the boys. I'm sure before this they had at least 13,000 for T4E tour.

Some blame that Vapor Trails was a weak effort the reason for small crowd. Not buying it, Cleveland is suppose to be a Rush town that has always came out in mass numbers support regardless of how good the album was for tour. Case in point Roll The Bones, Hold Your Fire neither are the usual level of Rush greatness in my book but both tours had sell out or close to it performances at Richfield.

I would love for Rush to return downtown Cleveland again.

It's not going to happen this time around, but hopefully in the near future they'll give Cleveland another chance to prove there 2.gif worthiness notworthy.gif

Until that time comes, I wish my fellow North East Ohioans would quit referring to Cleveland as the"Rock and Roll" capital ,more then slightly embarrassing. This rang true about twenty five years ago, now just pale image of it's former self.( A photograph, the way i use to be )

Archived