Terminator

Necromancer

Just watched part one of the two night premiere of the latest chapter in the Terminator saga.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thought it was very good. I've always thought Terminator was one of the most creative and original sci-fi stories ever. The fact that Arnold was originally attached to it, only made it that much better.

Now, with a new Sarah and John, the story grows beyond the Arnold mold and takes on new life. I really enjoyed it. Hope others here watched it and want to discuss it week to week. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 13 2008, 09:05 PM)
Just watched part one of the two night premiere of the latest chapter in the Terminator saga.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thought it was very good. I've always thought Terminator was one of the most creative and original sci-fi stories ever. The fact that Arnold was originally attached to it, only made it that much better.

Now, with a new Sarah and John, the story grows beyond the Arnold mold and takes on new life. I really enjoyed it. Hope others here watched it and want to discuss it week to week. yes.gif

I wanted to watch it but have to work 12 hours into the wee early morning. The movies are great though, as the storytelling is really top-notch (which saves the 1st movies special effects, which don't hold up well after 20+ years).

I thought it was very good. I've always thought Terminator was one of the most creative and original sci-fi stories ever

You could have just as easy called the Cylons from Battlestar Galictica terminators, same concept... So, Imo, it's not one of most creative original sci-fi stories ever... I think Star Wars might be! wink.gif

Terminator+Cylon= Same Shit!

But, I did like the show cool.gif

I was up and down a lot and really couldn't catch the premise of the show. It looked really good, from what I could see, but I have no idea what the hell was really happening. Just a lot of shooting, and running, and lots of action.

It looks really good, though. I want to keep watching.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 13 2008, 09:45 PM)
I missed it. By the way, I was wondering, does this show ignore the events established in Terminator 3?

I think it's supposed to take place between T2 and T3, so it wouldn't have any bearing on T3 yet.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jan 13 2008, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 13 2008, 09:45 PM)
I missed it.  By the way, I was wondering, does this show ignore the events established in Terminator 3?

I think it's supposed to take place between T2 and T3, so it wouldn't have any bearing on T3 yet.

Yeah, but Terminator 3 established some things about Sarah Connor, so I'm wondering if it will be dealt with.

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Jan 13 2008, 10:44 PM)
I thought it was very good. I've always thought Terminator was one of the most creative and original sci-fi stories ever

You could have just as easy called the Cylons from Battlestar Galictica terminators, same concept... So, Imo, it's not one of most creative original sci-fi stories ever... I think Star Wars might be! wink.gif

confused13.gif

Did you ever actually WATCH any of the Terminators? Other than being artificial intelligence, there are NO similarities between Cylons and Terminators.

moon.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 13 2008, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Jan 13 2008, 10:44 PM)

confused13.gif

Did you ever actually WATCH any of the Terminators? Other than being artificial intelligence, there are NO similarities between Cylons and Terminators.

moon.gif

Don't tell Harlan Ellison there are similarities between Cylons and Terminators!

it seems like they ignored T3 altogether since according to the timeline, it takes place after the events in T-3. Edited by Rushman14

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 14 2008, 03:33 PM)
The show continues from T2 because in T3 it was established at the beginning of the movie that Sarah was dead.

right and T-3 takes place in '97. So if Sarah is dead in T-3, how do you explain this series which take place starting in '99 and then jumps to '07? Maybe they jump back to '97 before its all said and done.

or a parallel universe perhaps?

edited to ask admins if we need to add spoilers to the subject line.

Edited by Rushman14

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 14 2008, 05:53 PM)
The show continues from T2 because in T3 it was established at the beginning of the movie that Sarah was dead.

right and T-3 takes place in '97. So if Sarah is dead in T-3, how do you explain this series which take place starting in '99 and then jumps to '07? Maybe they jump back to '97 before its all said and done.

SPOILER

apparently time travel is indeed part of the whole plot. wink.gif

I was shock by all the shooting and stuff for 8pm. had to shut it off & on due to the kids.

I was a bit disturbed by the whole shooting in a class room though. Kinda threw me from wanting to watch much more. dazed025.gif

I don't know I'll keep reading maybe the positive feedback will get me to take a second look at it. unsure.gif

This show is AWESOME!!!

It's regular timeslot is gonna be 9pm, not 8. That was just to fill the slot after the playoffs for good viewage.

SPOILER:

The time travel obviously changes the time stream continuity, possibly rendering everything in T3 obsolete. Sarah is now getting checkend and early detection is always beneficial in beating cancer, so i'm guessing they've just made it so that T3 isn't part of Terminator continuity anymore. Which is cool. That movie was too depressing i thought.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 14 2008, 04:53 PM)

No T3 takes place in 2004. T2 takes place in 95. In T2 it is established that Judgment Day will happen in August of 1997, but by blowing up Cyberdine (during T2) the Connors managed to "postpone" judgment day until 2004 (as stated in T3).

Sarah Connor's deathdate is sometime after August of 97. John Connor stated in T3 that Sarah was diagnoses with Leukemia, but held on just long enough to "make sure".

But as I read this series is takeing place in 1999 apparently....according to T3. Sarah is suspossed to be Dead by then.

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I'd say thats a definate plot hole in the overall Terminator series. And it's not the first. James Cameron should have never have left.

Edited by The Owl

*spoiler*

I was a little concerned about the inconsistency of the T-800's head from '99 getting into the time jump sphere and finding it's way to '07. As even stated by 'Cameryn' (the girl terminator protecting John), only living tissue will travel through time.

But I can see the whole concept of the series will be about trying to find and prevent Skynet from being constructed. Even though much of this is starting to invalidate T3, some may still be relevant. I suspect they will still learn that it is General Brewster and CRS that is responsible for Skynet's creation.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 15 2008, 05:01 PM)
*spoiler*

I was a little concerned about the inconsistency of the T-800's head from '99 getting into the time jump sphere and finding it's way to '07. As even stated by 'Cameryn' (the girl terminator protecting John), only living tissue will travel through time.

But I can see the whole concept of the series will be about trying to find and prevent Skynet from being constructed. Even though much of this is starting to invalidate T3, some may still be relevant. I suspect they will still learn that it is General Brewster and CRS that is responsible for Skynet's creation.

I had the same thought. From the beginning they have stated that only living tissue could make it through. So when the unskinned terminator head went through, that was a major wtf.gif moment for me. I guess they're just saying that the force of the blast made it happen. confused13.gif

I love the kick ass fight scenes between the Terminators. The way they kick the shit out of each other and show no emotion is so cool.

I'm totally jacked about this show. 1022.gif

My only complaint is Sarah Connor herself. She doesn't remind me of Hamilton at all. no.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 15 2008, 06:05 PM)

My only complaint is Sarah Connor herself. She doesn't remind me of Hamilton at all. no.gif

no she reminds me of a british actress faking an american accent.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 15 2008, 08:08 PM)

My only complaint is Sarah Connor herself.  She doesn't remind me of Hamilton at all.  no.gif

Yeah you know who'd be better in this role? The girl who plays Bionic Woman.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 15 2008, 07:20 PM)

My only complaint is Sarah Connor herself.  She doesn't remind me of Hamilton at all.  no.gif

Another Brit faking an American accent?

Besides, I think she would look a little too young to be the mother of a teenager.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 16 2008, 05:32 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 15 2008, 07:20 PM)

Another Brit faking an American accent?

Besides, I think she would look a little too young to be the mother of a teenager.

Sheesh, sorry. wacko.gif Yeah she's a bit young to have a teenage son. I still like the way she attacks her role as BW, and overall she reminds me more of Linda Hamilton.

But what is at all relevant about a Brit faking an American accent? They are actors. That's what they are SUPPOSED to do. I'll bet she really doesn't have a bionic body - and she got the part any way, right?

Edited by Pags