Does anyone know why UK isnt part of 08 tour?

RockAngel

QUOTE (Angua @ Jan 14 2008, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 14 2008, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jan 14 2008, 01:53 PM)
Too many chavs.

rofl3.gif

Chav's have never heard of Rush...

But having been over here, Rush have heard of Chavs.

They won't be back.

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jan 9 2008, 09:16 AM)

Alex told me he was impressed with the newer UK venues which they had never played before, particularly Manchester and Sheffield.

just out of curiosity, when did you talk to Alex?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jan 15 2008, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jan 9 2008, 09:16 AM)

Alex told me he was impressed with the newer UK venues which they had never played before, particularly Manchester and Sheffield.

just out of curiosity, when did you talk to Alex?

Not this tour. September 25th 2004 after the gig at the T-Mobile Centre in Prague. The comments are valid though because it was the first time in years they had played Europe.

I was on my way back to my hotel in the city centre and on the way felt like a drink to wind down. I also thought the band might be staying in a certain hotel so I made my way to that hotel's bar and after 30 minutes or so Alex arrived with some friends.

I asked him to sign my ticket, said that it had been a great gig and told him I'd seen them twice in the UK as well. He said thanks and asked me which shows I'd been to. I said Wembley and Manchester and asked him what he thought of MEN Arena in Manchester as they had never played it before. He replied that he thought it was a really good venue (I thought he mentioned Sheffield too but now I'm not absolutely sure - maybe he just commented that the UK venues were generally better than before).

The bar was otherwise pretty empty and I got the feeling he was happy to chat but his group were giving it the "So Alex, as we were saying before this 'fan' turned up....." vibe. Not sure who they were but didn't recognise any crew etc. I retired gracefully and with thanks.

(I was 41 years old at the time and reasonably calm and relaxed so his demeanour may have been different if faced with a pack of drooling teenagers but he must be without doubt one of the nicest guys in the public eye - a total gentleman and class act on the basis of this encounter).

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Jan 16 2008, 06:51 AM)
I was 41 years old at the time and reasonably calm and relaxed so his demeanour may have been different if faced with a pack of drooling teenagers but he must be without doubt one of the nicest guys in the public eye - a total gentleman and class act on the basis of this encounter.

Be nice if he could give NEP some lessons in sociability then biggrin.gif

On second thoughts I need somebody to keep me from being the most miserable git in the world tongue.gif

I wandered all over Prague, and didn't bump into Lerxsty boy, but I was looking for the cheapest beer I could find! And I think the band did mention after the RtB tour that Sheffield Arena was the best British Arena they had played. Can't find any actual quotes on that though

Archived