2112 Threads

Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Dec 26 2007, 08:42 PM)
I was looking through the Hallowed Hall, as one does, and noticed that on some threads the original post, written by GG, is months before the achievement date.

Just wondering why that was smile.gif

Short answer: She starts threads well in advance so when we merge her thread with the one that someone else stars AFTER a person reaches 2112, her post will be the first post in the thread.

Long answer: She always has "blank" 2112 threads ready and waiting. Sometimes they sit around for months when there aren't a lot of people reaching 2112. She does them far in advance just in case someone gets to 2112 without us being ready for it -- that way her post will always be first after the threads are merged.

When we notice someone has over 2000 posts, she'll take one of those blank threads and write out the post with the person's name and stuff. When the person actually reaches 2112, I'll make the badge, add it to GG's post, put the badge number into her post, add my post about the sig badge (which bumps the thread to the present time), merge her thread with the one that someone else started, then move the merged thread out to RS.

Another TRF mystery solved! tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 27 2007, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (J0N @ Dec 27 2007, 09:15 AM)
Sounds a bit to organised *to me ohmy.gif

Meaning?

GG starting the Solar Fed threads have been a TRF tradition since the beginning. This "too organized" method preserves that.

Not saying its a bad thing tongue.gif

Is the oopposite, GG is clearly much more organised than I can ever hope to be tongue.gif