What's wrong with this picture??

Deadwing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Deadwing @ Oct 12 2007, 06:07 PM)
Yeah it's been long enough I guess. I was just curious as to whether anyone else would notice it.

Take a look at Neil's picollo snare drum, or "parade" snare as he so calls it. It's in the left side of the photo. It appears to be floating in mid air! You can see the basket that it's sitting in, but the rest of the hardware, the tubing and everything that holds that up, I can't see it anywhere. I can see it for the splash cymbal and cowbells that are beside it.

Did it get cropped out of the pic by mistake or something? wacko.gif sad.gif

If you look at the bottom of the stand with the splash and the cowbell, you'll get your answer smile.gif Actually I'm surprised he left that on there.

QUOTE (o baterista @ Oct 15 2007, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (lonelymoon @ Oct 12 2007, 05:02 PM)
is it that the bass drum is TINY?

that is the size of that kick drum..electric trigger really ..

It's a shot with a fish-eye lens... I'm sure someone will chime in here with the bass size.

QUOTE (Grapes_under_pressure @ Oct 12 2007, 08:04 PM)
i want one. someone in my school has something similar for some reason. he's scottish....

is it wrong that i am tempted to take it off his head every time he walks past?..... unsure.gif

they are on ebay .. 1022.gif custom fit about $20

QUOTE (Raynman @ Oct 15 2007, 06:01 AM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 12 2007, 11:44 PM)
he doesnt have any space to get out?  confused13.gif

or even more important: how to get in

There is a small space to the left of the Mallet Kat where he enters,usually on stage there would be a large white taped x marking the spot wink.gif

goodpost.gif

See this link

http://www.sabian.com/sabiantalk/forum/mes...9&enterthread=y

they left out 2 cymbals,so you can see him I guess. Yes the parade snare is being held up weirdly somehow. as the movir shows it has it's own Pipe to the floor..The 2 roland cymbals under the toms are correct, and you can see the x spot I mentioned earlier.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I knew the snare was being held up with tubing.

My point was that I couldn't see it in the PICTURE.

It looked like the image was cropped, and got f*cked up in the process.

QUOTE (Deadwing @ Oct 13 2007, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (Sword and Armor @ Oct 13 2007, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE (Deadwing @ Oct 13 2007, 06:11 AM)
QUOTE (Sword and Armor @ Oct 12 2007, 07:13 PM)
My guess is that the snare is mouned on a horizontal boom stand, that the drum is blocking from view. Since all of his hardware is hard mounted to the riser he can load all of his stands to their maximum. Watch "Anatomy of a Drum Solo" and you'll see Gump setting up the kit.

But it's not, that's just it. I've seen the kit close up on the S.S. Professor tour. It was help up by a piece of vertical piping that screws straight into the board, the same way his cymbal stands do.

If you look just to the left of the Keypads and slightly above, you'll see a boom connection that's set at roughly a 45 degree angle and it appears to be making a 90 degree left turn. That looks like it connects to the bottom of the snare stand.

I have never seen the kit live so I don't know. But if you also look down at the riser, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to mount a straight stand below it.

Granted, you cant see the whole riser so that point might not be valid. I'm going to watch "Anatomy of a drum solo" later and see what it shows there.

The mystery continues................... confused13.gif wtf.gif

Good point! My copy of "Anatomy" is loaned out at the moment so it didn't even occur to me to double check.

If you're right than that would surely explain it, and I guess my memory would just be off a bit. I was pretty awestruck looking at Neil's kit that day in Toronto, so it may have been distracting.

I was fianlly able to watch AOADS, Gump spends a few moments with the piccolo snare and yes...........The boom connection has a 90 degree connecting rod to hold the snare stand so the hardware is on the opposite side of the snare in the picture.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Sword and Armor @ Oct 16 2007, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (Deadwing @ Oct 13 2007, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (Sword and Armor @ Oct 13 2007, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE (Deadwing @ Oct 13 2007, 06:11 AM)
QUOTE (Sword and Armor @ Oct 12 2007, 07:13 PM)
My guess is that the snare is mouned on a horizontal boom stand, that the drum is blocking from view. Since all of his hardware is hard mounted to the riser he can load all of his stands to their maximum. Watch "Anatomy of a Drum Solo" and you'll see Gump setting up the kit.

But it's not, that's just it. I've seen the kit close up on the S.S. Professor tour. It was help up by a piece of vertical piping that screws straight into the board, the same way his cymbal stands do.

If you look just to the left of the Keypads and slightly above, you'll see a boom connection that's set at roughly a 45 degree angle and it appears to be making a 90 degree left turn. That looks like it connects to the bottom of the snare stand.

I have never seen the kit live so I don't know. But if you also look down at the riser, there doesn't appear to be anywhere to mount a straight stand below it.

Granted, you cant see the whole riser so that point might not be valid. I'm going to watch "Anatomy of a drum solo" later and see what it shows there.

The mystery continues................... confused13.gif wtf.gif

Good point! My copy of "Anatomy" is loaned out at the moment so it didn't even occur to me to double check.

If you're right than that would surely explain it, and I guess my memory would just be off a bit. I was pretty awestruck looking at Neil's kit that day in Toronto, so it may have been distracting.

I was fianlly able to watch AOADS, Gump spends a few moments with the piccolo snare and yes...........The boom connection has a 90 degree connecting rod to hold the snare stand so the hardware is on the opposite side of the snare in the picture.

trink39.gif

That's what I was getting at in my above post. You can see the culprit hardware sitting unused at the base of the same stand in that picture....

So besides the two trigger electronic cymbals that are under the back kit toms (we're actually looking at the back kit in this picture) what else is wrong with this picture?

That's the only thing that I can see. Those cymbals would be set up above those toms, and I can only assume they were moved to get a clear shot of Neil. They look funny sitting under the toms.

If that's not what's wrong, I don't know what the answer is. wtf.gif

Archived